Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    probably still target a back on the draft. No way we're going to have a back with 400 carries this year. McFadden will probably get injured anyway. 
    image Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    cowboys trying to replace murray with.....

mcfadden 

=))
    I like it.... and I am targeting him for a late round fantasy sleeper rb. Dallas's line made Murray a lot better than he really is.... And Oakland has had a solid history of making RB's look much worse then they are. At this point in time, I would absolutely want Murray over McFadden, however I would not be one bit surprised if McFadden put up killer numbers in Dallas. Maybe even better than Murray.

And really getting to the bottom line... What they are paying McFadden verses what they would have had to pay Murray to keep him in Dallas. Bravo Dallas, Bravo.

Note - Dallas is my second most hated team. I have 10x the hate for the Stealers, however I have no love for Dallas and I enjoy watching them miss the playoffs or get eliminated every year. So for me to complement their roster choices, that's kinda saying a lot.
    What in fuck are you even talking about lol 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    So do I burn both of my Murray jerseys or something? Idk how this works :-?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Same I'm not sure what to do with this suh jersey :-?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    When murray was killing it, my dad kept saying he was going to buy a murray jersey. I told him to hold off and it paid off. For awhile I was regretting getting Lee over Murray. Glad that worked out. 
    image Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    AFC East turned into a beast division overnight. Jezuz...
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    That's why I don't do jerseys .. I'd still get a janikowski doe lmao
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    great way to start off a season boys! lose all of your players that got you a winning record. let's just get rid of megatron while we're at it

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,666 spicy boy
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Damn the Dolphins are fucking morons. Suhs deal is only counting 6.1 million against the cap the first year. Second year it jumps all the way to 28.6 million. So basically if they don't want to be completely strapped against the cap they are going to have to restructure his deal in the second year. Which will kill them down the line =))

also so apperantly one of the main reasons he left was because he didn't feel like the organization had his back after the first stomp =))
    Depends on when the guarantees are in the contract.  If the guarantees are early, they can restructure them to later in the contract and lower that 28.6M cap hit.  Then, if he is still performing, they can extend him and further spread out the cap hit.  Otherwise, they can cut him and take the dead money.

I think their plan is probably to absorb a large amount of his cap hit ASAP, but not this year.  Not sure I understand that though, considering they have to resign Tanehill.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Dolphins did make a nice pair of trades to dump Ellerbe and Wallace.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    MrPerfect said:
    let's just get rid of megatron while we're at it
    That's not far off actually, his cap hit is going to be ridiculous in a couple years.
    whos More important. Calvin or suh?

pretty easy

MrPerfect said:
    That's not far off actually, his cap hit is going to be ridiculous in a couple years.
    He already has plans to take a pay cut. he wants to be here. 
    edited March 2015
    Wine said:
    Damn the Dolphins are fucking morons. Suhs deal is only counting 6.1 million against the cap the first year. Second year it jumps all the way to 28.6 million. So basically if they don't want to be completely strapped against the cap they are going to have to restructure his deal in the second year. Which will kill them down the line =))

also so apperantly one of the main reasons he left was because he didn't feel like the organization had his back after the first stomp =))
    Depends on when the guarantees are in the contract.  If the guarantees are early, they can restructure them to later in the contract and lower that 28.6M cap hit.  Then, if he is still performing, they can extend him and further spread out the cap hit.  Otherwise, they can cut him and take the dead money.

I think their plan is probably to absorb a large amount of his cap hit ASAP, but not this year.  Not sure I understand that though, considering they have to resign Tanehill.

not giving him that deal > giving him Any where close to that deal

MrPerfect said:
    He already has plans to take a pay cut. he wants to be here. 
    I'm sure he does but he'll have to prove it after next season.
    49ers sign Reggie Bush. So we'll see him and Fairley from the other side this season.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Guess we just won't run the ball or have any defense this season. Sounds good

If you're seriously upset about Reggie Bush leaving, I can't even.