Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I don't think they should mess with the Super Bowl.. IMO they should be suspended from next years playoffs
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited January 2015
    the Patriots are repeat cheaters and have time and time again showed they have no regard for the integrity of the game. I think by suspending their head coach for the Super Bowl is the only way to get the point across that this will not be tolerated
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    =)) you're delusional if you think they are going to suspend the coaches =))

this is really is not a big deal. For sure nothing on the scale compared to spygate. I'm all reality this is the NFL's fault for letting teams control the balls. Cheating is an old past time in the NFL. If teams can get away with something the are definitely going to try. How many players on each team were using steroids this year? Cause I guarntee there is at least one on every team. Should their coaches be suspended to?

I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, because yes they should be. Take a draft pick from them. Shane's bias against the pats is def showing on that one. Mike Tomlin walked on the field and fucked a game up and he didn't even get suspended.  
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    You guys are insane.  There's not even proof that the Patriots were the ones that made sure the balls were deflated.  Strangely enough, Rex is totally right here.

They'll probably get a 1st or 2nd docked from them, and that's more than enough.  Besides, we all should be rooting for that because it makes each round's picks more valuable.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Cheating is cheating regardless if you think it's a big deal or not.. They should be punished more harsh if it's repeat stuff IMO ...
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    sure nfl lets look at the patriots game balls, but not the refs partying with a certain team. dumb af

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shane said:
    They need to make an example out of patriots for cheating yet again. Suspend belicheck for the superbowl and take their first 3 rounds of picks away from them. Maybe they'll get the hint. 
    In my unbiased opinion, this really is the only sensable outcome for their repeatedly cheating. I think it is fair punishment and would cause them to stop breaking the rules and cheating.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2015
    Cheating is cheating regardless if you think it's a big deal or not.. They should be punished more harsh if it's repeat stuff IMO ...
    yeah... this. Bilicheck's Suspension from the SB seems about right for punishment. I am being completely unsubjective about this.
    =)) fuck

Give me a break. Does the NFL even test balls after the games? Im pretty sure this is probably more common than the media is leading to believe 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Yeah this is all stupid as shit. 

I hated the pats for many years also. I can only stand them now cause the GOAT went to Michigan. 
    Fuck the deflated balls weren't rven used in the second half :| can this story die now?
    Fuck sports science basically debunked the entire thing. 
    Bottom line is the patriots intentionally deflated the balls knowing it was a violation of the rules. Nobody is saying that's why the Colts lost, they earned that beating. However cheating is cheating and regardless of how insignificant it might seem this is a game integrity issue for the NFL now.  I would be very surprised if come next season Refs don't have more control over game balls.
    Cause thie NFL has always been a game of integrity =))

maybe, maybe not. When you have a lot of money riding on people's perception that it is a game with integrity this case becomes an issue.  Facts don't really matter,  what people's perception of what's true is what matters. Just look at Fox News for an example.
    edited January 2015
    The bears hired Adam Gase, the dumpster fire continues to burn =))
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    God I hope you die.
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Shane said:
    The bears hired Adam Gase, the dumpster fire continues to burn =))
    Could be a fine hire.