Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited January 2015
    Shane said:
    And it's impossible to become? I went there because of peyton but I like the entire team now.  I want Peyton to retire because he's holding the team back. I bought the preseason live package just so I could watch guys like Jordan Norwood , Isaiah bursh, Kapri bibbs and juwan thompson. I was disappointed when Louis young didn't at least make the practice squad after playing well.  I'm very involved in following the free agency and draft process. I have 3 different apps that send broncos info straight to my phone.  You call me paper but I know far more about the broncos then you do the cowgirls, guaranteed.
    =)) jesus christ I didnt realize your paper went that thin. The Payton era Broncos arent even the best that team ever was. I could see getting caught up liking the broncos during the Terrell Davis years in the mid-90's... but starting to like them because of payton? pa-lease =))
     Dude I was 10 in mid 90's and half this site had just been born when Elway won his superbowls. I grew  around no one who was a football fan. Only in  the last 2 years did i work with a ton of fans and got into it hardcore. Sorry that's not acceptable to you but idgaf if you approve. 
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    JamesBong said:
    At least they don't have anywhere close to the personal the 49ers have. 
    I can't really tell if LB play was so good in SF because of him or Leavitt, but I think the talent in SF is worse than it seems.  His scheme was perfect for them.

I'm not sure he can turn around the CHI D dumpster fire, but im sure there will be improvement.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shane said:

Dude I was 10 in mid 90's and half this site had just been born when Elway won his superbowls. I grew  around no one who was a football fan. Only in  the last 2 years did i work with a ton of fans and got into it hardcore. Sorry that's not acceptable to you but idgaf if you approve. 

Either you get in line and strive for my approval at all times or GTFO
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Becoming a sports fan is fine, even picking a non hometown team is fine, but picking one of the best teams in the league right off that bat is pretty ridiculous ...
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Broncos should hire dat nigga Swartz as defensive coordinator. Dude is 2dope
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    jake gets attacked by a mountain lion :!!
    The face of a champion!

TD is dat nigga. Always liked watching him play. 
    Dude deserve a bust in Canton. Hope he gets it this year.
    hes like 53 all time rushing and like 60th all time TD

he was a great player but idk about HOF. Hes right at the cut line  though that's for sure. 
    JamesBong said:

he was a great player but idk about HOF. Hes right at the cut line  though that's for sure. 
    Yeah he rose to fame quickly and then burnt out. He had like a 2-3 year good stretch where people were like "dude... but RB ever" and then like nothing.
    JamesBong said:

He's the greatest postseason running back ever. Dude played 8 playoff games and had 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns. He had at least 100 yards from scrimmage and a TD in every one of those games. Throw on an NFL MVP, Super Bowl MVP, and a 2,000 yard season and I think its enough to get in. Sure he had a short career but so did Gale Sayers and he got in.
    Yeah im not saying he shouldn't get in. Just that it is a close call. He probably should doe. 
    I'd put him in.
    I mean come on dude still managed to end his career with a 97 yards/game average even with a few injured seasons. Then it jumps up to 142 yards/game in the playoffs. Dude was clutch and an absolute beast.
    The face of a champion!

Not sure if obvious but this is Seattles punter Jon Ryan throwing that TD in the NFC conf game. literally one of the funniest nfl pictures I've ever seen.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Becoming a sports fan is fine, even picking a non hometown team is fine, but picking one of the best teams in the league right off that bat is pretty ridiculous ...
    At that point the only player in the league I gave a fuck about was Manning, so I naturally gravitated that wway. I started following them back in the preseason and didn't even really know they were that good til they came out and skull fucked the Ravens. Now Manning is about my 10th favorite player on the team. First being Harris Jr, when get money I want his jersey.
    I could care less if the pats deflated the balls. Pretty sure it had 0 bearing on the game, but why doesn't the NFL just handle the balls the whole time :-??
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2015
    Ravens hired Trestman as OC. RIP. =))
    JamesBong said:
    I could care less if the pats deflated the balls. Pretty sure it had 0 bearing on the game, but why doesn't the NFL just handle the balls the whole time :-??
    I'd be willing to bet that it was 100% the reason the pats won. Luck hasnt ever played with deflated balls, where Brady was probably practicing with them all week.
    They lost by 35 points and the pats have beat them by 20+ points 4 straight game and. Stop trolling.