Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Oh and Jeff Rodgers followed Fox to Chicago so have fun with your special teams being garbage 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Shane said:
    Let me put it this way. Kubiak becoming the Broncos coach means absolutely nothing to Shane. He has no idea why so many people are stoked. Sure, he can read and parrot all the ESPN articles he wants but he doesnt actually know shit.
    I know exactly why Kubiak is so loved in Denver. He was Elway's back up and then was offensive coordinator under Shanahan for both Superbowl's. As soon as Fox was fired I knew he was the guy so yeah it does mean something. I've spent this season brushing up on Broncos history. 

Shane said:
    You still think I'm paper. Tell me what paper fan gives a fuck about front office moves down to consultants and position coachs. Rex probably couldn't name them for the Lions and he's die hard. 
    You aren't a die hard Broncos fan. You even said you got on the wagon cause Peyton went there. The fuck outta here, trick. 
    And it's impossible to become? I went there because of peyton but I like the entire team now.  I want Peyton to retire because he's holding the team back. I bought the preseason live package just so I could watch guys like Jordan Norwood , Isaiah bursh, Kapri bibbs and juwan thompson. I was disappointed when Louis young didn't at least make the practice squad after playing well.  I'm very involved in following the free agency and draft process. I have 3 different apps that send broncos info straight to my phone.  You call me paper but I know far more about the broncos then you do the cowgirls, guaranteed.

• WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Shane said:
      I want Peyton to retire because he's holding the team back.
    To be honest, you had a ton of awesome reasons why you aren't a paper fan of the Broncos.  Totally getting in depth with the personnel and coaching is a great way to get more involved with football.

But, this statement right here makes it all for nothing.  This is an entirely stupid thing to say.  Now I hope that Manning retires so you can see what it's like to watch a full season of a 5-11 team.  Brock Osweiler blows.
    Well he's 39,  got a 21 million cap hit and most importantly his accuracy has been degrading since before his quad injury. I feel the switch to a run heavy approach was to compensate for that.  He also may not  deal with an entirely New coaching staff. 
    A $21M cap hit for Peyton Manning is reasonable.  His accuracy this season was stellar until that injury.  There's not very much reason to say he won't be capable of regaining it when he can use proper footwork.

All of that is ignoring the central part of the argument though.  Peyton Manning with accuracy issues will still be a top 10 QB in the NFL.  He may not be what he was a few seasons ago, and perhaps he's not even worth that $21M.  Asking for him to retire though makes it seem as if you have no idea how the NFL works.  Get a QB or lose, and unless you think there's some huge reason Osweiler is ready, that QB needs to be Peyton Manning.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Shane was a panthers fan when this site first started, agaric forever paper regardless of his knowledge of the middle names of people in the front office lol
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shane said:

Happens to almost all teams... I remember back in 2001 (or maybe 2002) I was going to see Oakland A's baseball games in September.... They were playing the Mariners and both were likely going to make the playoffs. Tickets to the game were 1 dollar. I was sitting first row right behind first base for 1 dollar. And if that isnt crazy enough... they were selling hotdogs all night for 1 dollar. I mean this is practically playoff baseball and it's for all practical purposes free, you'd think there would be a 60k sell out stadium right? Nope. Ghost town. There couldnt have been more than 2k people there.

Im not at all trying to defend the paper fans that jumped on the bandwagon after seattle wont their championship last year, because fuck them. But all I am saying is it happens to almost every single team. It isnt unique.

Shane said:
    And it's impossible to become? I went there because of peyton but I like the entire team now.  I want Peyton to retire because he's holding the team back. I bought the preseason live package just so I could watch guys like Jordan Norwood , Isaiah bursh, Kapri bibbs and juwan thompson. I was disappointed when Louis young didn't at least make the practice squad after playing well.  I'm very involved in following the free agency and draft process. I have 3 different apps that send broncos info straight to my phone.  You call me paper but I know far more about the broncos then you do the cowgirls, guaranteed.
    =)) jesus christ I didnt realize your paper went that thin. The Payton era Broncos arent even the best that team ever was. I could see getting caught up liking the broncos during the Terrell Davis years in the mid-90's... but starting to like them because of payton? pa-lease =))
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    TD is dat nigga. Always liked watching him play. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    apparently everyone is dat nigga 
    Only Russell da gawd, TD, and T.Y
    edited January 2015
    TD is dat nigga. Always liked watching him play. 
    Agreed. Those were exciting years to be Bronco fans. I found myself even liking that team and 80% of that was probably because of TD. 

Note - Not saying I was ever Bronco fan, I wasn't. But Seattle wasn't in it, and I didnt have much hate for the Broncos then. Still don't honestly.
    todd was maybe 5 years old when TD was being that nigga. He doesn't even know who he is. 
    Only Russell da gawd, TD, and T.Y
    yeah T.Y. was that nigga who got shut down for 1 catch for 36 yards by a backup nickle CB =))
    Still brought the ship 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That nigga CJ going to the pro bowl \m/
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Also kill yourself Brock is money
    Bears get Fangio. That's huge.
    Shane was a panthers fan when this site first started, agaric forever paper regardless of his knowledge of the middle names of people in the front office lol
    I was never a Panthers fan, you people decided i was.  Every year I pick an NFC team to follow.  this year was the bucs, last year was the Panthers, haven't decided about this next.
    At least they don't have anywhere close to the personal the 49ers have.