Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    edited October 2010
    You know those commercials that espn ran about people talking sports out of their ass a few years back........ That's rexum.
    lol
    I swear Rex has to be shit-faced when he talks about football.
    New Page

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Well I missed this conversation.
    image Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

It turns out that Sunday's celebration penalty on the Dallas Cowboys wasn't for leapfrogging, as was announced by the game's referee. Instead, the team was flagged because receiver Sam Hurd(notes) joined Roy Williams in flashing the University of Texas "Hook 'Em Horns" sign after the touchdown.

NFL vice president of officiating Carl Johnson told Phillips on Monday that the penalty was called on Hurd even though Miles Austin(notes) had been identified as the guilty party. It was assumed that Austin was flagged for his leapfrog performance with Williams. But, evidently, Hurd was the culprit owing to the fact that he joined Williams, a former Longhorns star, in flashing the universal Texas sign following the score.

"I thought it was on Miles because the official on the sideline told me that when I asked him," Phillips said. "And Carl Johnson said specifically that was not the call and he would have been upset if they had called it."

I'm confused. Hurd and Williams did a joint celebration, so I can see why a flag was thrown. But why would the VP of officiating have been upset if the flag had been thrown for the leapfrogging? Isn't that also a planned celebration between two people? As we've said before, all celebration penalties are lame, but why would the NFL think that two people flashing a "Hook 'Em Horns" sign is worse than an impromptu game of leapfrog? Under the rule, both should be penalties.

A better question would be why Sam Hurd is bothering to give the "Hook 'Em Horns" at all. The 25-year old receiver attended Northern Illinois University.

Photobucket

Not only that but he fucking did the sign wrong. Mother fucker throws his thumb out? Get the fuck out of here Hurd. Your aunt is friends and works with my mom. I will punch her in the face if you do that again.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    lololololololol!!!!!
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    i looks like an i love you sign to me
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    they are thanking satan for there football abilities
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Ref prolly flagged him for doin it wrong.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Ref prolly flagged him for doin it wrong.
    Bahaha
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    jaguars suck lol
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    they are thanking satan for there football abilities
    hailz satanz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Thought I could turn it around this week.

I went 6-8
    That is not turning it around alright, just the wrong fucking way.
    image Photobucket
    lol the nfl is gonna start suspending people for hitting to hard : /
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's not that they're hitting too hard, it's that they're hitting an unsafe way.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    dood they shud just wear Pink flagz and play flag football by the way um sick of PINK breast cancer awareness alright already i know it exists must we go on wif it

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

there saying 'devastating' hits....that could be anything.........
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Only suspending helmet to helmet hits that are intentional. You can tell when a helmet to helmet is an accident. The 2 that Harrison did were intentional and he should be suspended.
    Only suspending helmet to helmet hits that are intentional. You can tell when a helmet to helmet is an accident. The 2 that Harrison did were intentional and he should be suspended.
    nope if your watching sportcenter its now more than helmet to helmet. it now includes devastating hits, whatever that means....
    I doubt this has much effect on the game. Everyone on Sportscenter is overreacting. Just wait and see what happens.
    they are overracting but its still a pretty stupid word. Devastating Hits? wtf is that lol
    We'll see what they actually say on Wednesday. I'd be surprised if they don't clearly define what they don't want.