Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think the cardinals have a pretty awesome team, however it's pretty hard to win when your entire team who got you that 11-5 record is on IR
    Rex420 said:
    yeah cardinals are gonna lose the next two weeks. 

now that i think about it. Philly actually needs to beat dallas. We currently own the tie breaker with dallas so if dallas loses this week and we win the next two weeks we will pretty much be in. 
    Philly beating Dallas is good for lots of people. Besides the fact that it will likely shut the Boys out of the playoffs again (great), it also helps Seattle, and Detroit. really I can't think of a single reason why Dallas winning is good.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    well if philly fell to earth it would be good. The defense in Dallas is horrible. I would way rather play them on the road than the eagles if the lions get a wild card. The only thing Dallas does really good is run the ball, and the lions would completely stuff them on that. 
    i still believe the lions are going to win the division though so its w/e
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Man I hope Dallas loses

Lions gonna shock the world when they beat GB on their land

Rex420 said:
    well if philly fell to earth it would be good. The defense in Dallas is horrible. I would way rather play them on the road than the eagles if the lions get a wild card. The only thing Dallas does really good is run the ball, and the lions would completely stuff them on that. 
    Philly fell to earth? I mean Seattle had no problem with them....  One of our easier games this year in fact. I almost fell asleep during that game because Philly was so easy to beat.
    i mean like losing and not making the playoffs lol. But yeah it being the first time they faced a good defense made me a lot less scared of having to go in there and beat them. 
    This probably isnt even a possible scenario, however if Seattle had to play on the road in the playoffs, I'd much rather them play in Detroit than GB. Mostly because of the weather aspects.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rex420 said:
    i still believe the lions are going to win the division though so its w/e
    =))
    Brady sending Peyton into retirement then the Broncos can go back to losing :)

This probably isnt even a possible scenario, however if Seattle had to play on the road in the playoffs, I'd much rather them play in Detroit than GB. Mostly because of the weather aspects.
    yeah weather for sure, but trust me, no team is going to want to play in detroit for their first playoff home game in 20 years man. The Den is a loud place as it is, its going to be tough for anyone to beat us at home in the playoffs. 

hopefully we win out and get a home game. If i can go for anything less than 200 im going, but i don't think ill spend more than that. 
    Rex420 said:
    yeah weather for sure, but trust me, no team is going to want to play in detroit for their first playoff home game in 20 years man. The Den is a loud place as it is, its going to be tough for anyone to beat us at home in the playoffs. 

hopefully we win out and get a home game. If i can go for anything less than 200 im going, but i don't think ill spend more than that. 
    as a baseline... I went to the NFC divisional game and NFC championship in 2005. It was a new stadium and I had pretty good seats. Like front row 200 level. I paid (if I recall correctly) about 75-100 dollars a ticket. The hardest part was getting the tickets. I was mad hitting speed dial the moment they went on sale and luckily got though. It felt like winning the lotto. I knew many people who did the same thing as I did, and they were shut out.
    yeah i wouldn't even plan on being able to get them when they go on sale. I'm talking stubhub or ebay most likely. 
    Rex420 said:
     The Den is a loud place as it is, its going to be tough for anyone to beat us at home in the playoffs. 

Players don't care about shit like having a 20 year drought. They dont take that personally cause they arent the cause of that stat. Maybe partially but no ones played for the team that long. The fans will be louder than usual for sure and that will give the team an advantage.... however the thing I think that gives the biggest advantage.... Playoff experience. ouch.
    Rex420 said:
    yeah i wouldn't even plan on being able to get them when they go on sale. I'm talking stubhub or ebay most likely. 
    Maybe not plan on it, but I would try. getting them though the box office is going to save you a ben or more
    I know assholes who try and buy as many playoff tickets as they can just so they can resale for a profit. pisses me off that they do that.
    edited December 2014
    yeah, since im at work with a computer and a phone me and my boss are going to sit there and try and get them the second they go on sale. 

yeah that shit is pretty gay.  live would would probably do it. 
    =)) =))

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/mad-dash--cowboys-cb-used-trick-plays-to-beat-kid-at-madden-155921284.html

Kids dying of cancer and Cowboys DB Orlando Scandrick challenges to the kid to a game of Madden. Goes for 2 on every touch down and completely demolishes the kid. :|

yeah i heard about that. what a douche bag