Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    That's what sucks about the Cowboys though, they get way too much attention. Lose two close games, one against a top NFL team and it's all popular sports media wants to talk about. Chargers throw up a goose egg to the Dolphins who couldn't keep the scoreboard still for 5 minutes and they don't even want to talk about it. 
    image Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I know it has to be annoying for everyone else if it's annoying to us. Tony Romo can have three average games in a row and they'll still talk about him on ESPN on the daily. 
    image Photobucket
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Today's loss was shades of 2005, I swear.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wine said:
    Today's loss was shades of 2005, I swear.
    I know how you feel. My boys also lost to the Rams. It's not very pleasant.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited November 2014
    Cardinals are 7-1 but they swept the NFL east =)

cant wait hit to play them in a couple weeks. Hopefully we go 1-1 these next two weeks 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Why can't the afc north just suck. Shit has to be difficult every year. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So the Patriots game yesterday was pretty fucking sweet. We got there about 2 hours early to tailgate. My friend Andrew pre cooked up all this sausage, marinated steak and chicken the night before so all we had to do heat it back up on the grill. The game itself was amazing not only did the Patriots kick the Broncos in the dick, the crowd was so loud and crazy the entire game. This was my 5th Patriots game and have never heard the crowd that loud before.  

11/10, would attend again.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Anyone hear any news on Adrian Foster? I have him in my fantasy league and I am trying to decide if I need to use my WW on Blue. Note, if I pick up Blue, that will give me a RB hole in my lineup this week.
    Right now on my bench I have

Terrance WIlliams
    Pierre Thomas
    Doug Martin.

and in my starting lineup i have
    Bobby Rainey
    Keenan allen
    Crabtree
    and others that I wouldnt consider dropping.

I was thinking I need to drop Thomas for Blue, but maybe I need to drop both Thomas and Williams and get the best RB's available... Blue for insurance and someone else for a week 10 roster filler.

Thoughts?
    I could pick up bobbie Dixon, steven Jackson, or Alfred Blue. Right now I am thinking I need to at a minimum do Blue for Thomas on a WW. And then try and pick up Dixon from FA for Williams. Or perhaps I could drop one of my defenses for him... I have Houston and Denver at the moment. Im thinking Denver wont do much for me down the stretch
    Why would you ever keep 2 defenses?
    Rex420 said:
    Why would you ever keep 2 defenses?
    because Denver and Houston are both pretty good and I've been trading off with this all season long depending on the matchup. It's been working out well for me. However I think Denvers schedule starts getting difficult. So what are you saying I should do? Drop who for who?
    I would definitely drop one of the defenses, but who you should pick up is a tough call. All those guys are gonna be hit or miss
    yeah, I don't really have a lot of choices... But picking up one of them is better then having an empty roster spot. This is really my last bye week problem too. I am currently first in a 12 man league so I can afford to lose one. or two. 
    I would probably go with Steven Jackson. He got his most carries of the year against the lions last week, and he's gonna get 12-16 next week probably. The production will still be hit or miss but at least with him you know he will get touches. Iv been first in my league all year. It's made it a bitch to pick up players. I did hit with Dwayne Allen, and before he got hurt with Brandon quick. 
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    edited November 2014
    I would drop Doug Martin or Keenan Allen for Alfred Blue these days, to be honest.

I say that as a fellow Foster owner.
    Wine said:
    I would drop Doug Martin or Keenan Allen for Alfred Blue these days, to be honest.

I say that as a fellow Foster owner.
    I was pretty happy when Martin was ruled out  of this weekends game so I could have Rainey in my lineup. He's been the better back on that team by far... not sure why their coaching staff doesnt see it. You know why I hang onto Martin? Hoping he gets traded to a team who know how to use him and he become productive this season... It could happen

And I think there is still value in Allen. THe rest of his team are so old, they are one hit away from collecting their pension. I mean Gates has been great, but you really think he will make the whole season? I dont.