Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Unbelievable. I feel for the Niners, the game was there.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What the fuck was that McCoy? He must of misjudged how many TO were left or where the first down marker was. Eagles are lucky that shit didnt cost them. Good game though. Could have went either way. The 49ers came back strong in the 4th. Can't believe that team doesnt have a win. Good night for Philly sports!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This was probably the worst night in my time as a 49er fan. Alex Smith is likely to get the boot this week or next week, and I think it's the wrong decision. Everyone saw him complete 8 in a row on those last two drives. He took a Montana-esque stature and was cool in the pocket. He showed he can be good. If I'm Singletary, I'm showing him that tape 24/7. He has the tools, but his execution isn't there. The defense was only good when they were losing. Gore was not efficient, perhaps growing pains of a young offensive line. Whatever it is, I just had Bill Walsh's best quote of all time in my mind for the last hour. The 49ers are just good enough to lose.

If Andrew Luck and Jake Locker aren't there for them in the first round, this is going to be a lost team for a while.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Even though the San Francisco 49ers are one of the NFL's three currently winless teams and mired in last place in the NFC West, owner and president Jed York predicted they are going to bounce back in historical fashion.

"We're going to win the division," York predicted Monday morning in a text to ESPN.

The 49ers fell to 0-5 after losing 27-24 at home to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night.

If the 49ers do win the division, they will make history. Under the NFL's current playoff format adopted in 1990, no team ever has opened the season 0-5 and reached the playoffs, no less win its division. If the 49ers are going to reverse the trend, they need to start doing it Sunday against Oakland, which is 2-3 after ending a 13-game losing streak against the San Diego Chargers.

But consider that the 49ers have played only one divisional game, at Seattle in the opener, and still have five more games left against the NFC West teams they are trying to bypass. Arizona is in first place in the division with a 3-2 record, Seattle is 2-2 and St. Louis is 2-3.

Plus, in the weakest division in football, the 49ers' schedule in the final 11 games is not exactly daunting.

San Francisco hosts Oakland, plays at Carolina, plays Denver in London, has a bye, hosts St. Louis and Tampa Bay, travels to Arizona for a Monday night game and then plays at Green Bay, returns home for Seattle, plays at San Diego and at St. Louis, and finishes the season at home against Arizona.
    With exception to San Diego, Green Bay and (depending on how the crowd goes in London) possibly Denver, we could beat all those teams.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    that would be epic!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    the only reason they would win there division is cause everyone in that division sucks...49ers have proven to be one of the most overrated teams in a while
    the only reason they would win there division is cause everyone in that division sucks...49ers have proven to be one of the most overrated teams in a while
    I don't really think it's a matter of the team being overrated, it's a lack of execution and coaching. Correct me if I'm wrong, but overrated seems to imply a talent gap between the expected and the reality.
    most people were predicting them to go 11-5 or i even heard some 12-4...hell even i bought all the hype that was coming in and thought they could me 10-6....they already have 5 losses.....expected to do 11-5...reality 0-5...
    most people were predicting them to go 11-5 or i even heard some 12-4...hell even i bought all the hype that was coming in and thought they could me 10-6....they already have 5 losses.....expected to do 11-5...reality 0-5...
    Yes, but that does not mean overrated assuming my definition is correct.

Mike Johnson should take yesterday's brilliant 4th quarter drive as a hint to run the hurry up a lot more. Smith was extremely efficient, and made passes like #16 used to. Granted, Smith is not him, but he can live up to his potential with that scheme.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Joe Montana!?.... blasphemer!
    hes just distraught for his 49ers having a worse record than the lions
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Lawl! Jets and Vikes already going at it before kickoff.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    what happened?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    I just want to know what happened to them.....

what happened?
    Both teams were in the endzone for some reason talking shit to each other and pushing.
    Welcome to the flag party. 3 on the Vikings already.
    Rodgers is out next week....

And the Patriots did indeed get Deion Branch back.
    hmmm...god our division would be up for grabs if it wasn't for us getting robbed