Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    9ers locker room is in turmoil and their defense has lost a lot of great players the last 2 years...saying they aren't gonna make the playoffs was a jab but I bet if you asked wine his confidence would be really shaky...especially after losing to the shitty bears  
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wine said:
    mrAPE said:
    The number of overreactions in the top 10 alone in this article is hilarious. Eagles at 3? Panthers at 4? CARDINALS at 5? Seahawks at 7? MOTHERFUCKING BILLS at 9? If anyone actually thinks that the Cardinals are a top 5 team, the Bills are outside the bottom 10 and that the Seahawks aren't the best team in the NFL, they should not be writing about football.
    damn straight.
    But yeah there was one game the lions should have won Owen year...fucking refs called a phantom pass interference call that extended the Vikings game winning drive :-L 
    \m/
    We lost 2 games to the Vikings by a combined 6 points :| :-L
    Goddamn Lions fans are a sad sad case. Least I can admit when my team is trash. You call it paper, I call it not being delusional. I bet the Owen year you said "At least 10 of those losses were actually wins if we just made a few more plays. We coulda won the division.".
    your team lost to the Bills. The Bills :)) =)) Chicago fans have no room to talk about a team being garbage when they can't even take care of the Bills for christ sake
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I do kinda wonder about the 9ers. I dunno how long they'll be able to maintain as an elite defense. They're one choice injury away from really coming apart over there. They've lost 2 really good safeties to free agency, an elite linebacker to injury, another to a long suspension. If Justin Smith or Patrick Willis either get hurt or start showing age, they're not looking good. I think people are figuring Kaepernick out and their receivers and Frank Gore are all on the downward slope. They're like the Falcons; I think their ship has kinda sailed already
    9ers aren't even going to make the playoffs this year 
    you are delusional. 49ers will make the playoffs... no question there
    9ers aren't even going to make the playoffs this year 
    Nothing but excuses holy fuck. We could blow the Seahawks out and you'd say they're on a downhill slant anyways.
    :)) =))

SATAN said:
    I do kinda wonder about the 9ers. I dunno how long they'll be able to maintain as an elite defense. They're one choice injury away from really coming apart over there. They've lost 2 really good safeties to free agency, an elite linebacker to injury, another to a long suspension. If Justin Smith or Patrick Willis either get hurt or start showing age, they're not looking good. I think people are figuring Kaepernick out and their receivers and Frank Gore are all on the downward slope. They're like the Falcons; I think their ship has kinda sailed already

I agree with "it's likely their ship has sailed", but I don't have any doubts that they will still make the playoffs this year. I'd rather them not, but Im convinced they will.
    I was mostly trying to get Erik irate. But most of their team...and ownership dislike their coach...word is their locker room is shaky..and they play with two other tough teams in their division. Couple that with all the secondary guys they have lost the last 2 years...smith being out...bowman being out...their defense is not going to be as dominate this year. This will by far be their toughest challenge with making the playoffs under Harbaugh 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I think Harbaugh was handed a really talented team that had been short on strategy. They haven't really developed much talent since he took over. These are still mostly Mike Nolan's guys. They were bad long enough to stack up a bunch of playmakers at key positions, but all of those guys have either plateaued or started falling off now
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lmao look how quick Wake got irate. Surprise surprise. A 17 point win ain't a close game you fucking dumbass.
    Bengals aren't even planning on selling out this week...fucking paper. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yeah it is pretty fucking stupid. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    SATAN said:
    9ers locker room is in turmoil and their defense has lost a lot of great players the last 2 years...saying they aren't gonna make the playoffs was a jab but I bet if you asked wine his confidence would be really shaky...especially after losing to the shitty bears  
    Well, the defense is its own issue.  I'm not worried about the loss as much as many others are.  Great teams don't go full meltdown often, but that doesn't mean never.  I still think that offense has the talent to be top 10 in the league, but they just can't put it together.  The question is, if you can't put it together against the broken condom that is the Bears defense, then can you put it together at all?

The defense is still top notch when it's at full strength, which is far from what they're playing with now.  Reid and Bethea are both much better than any safety combination that they've had in the last 4 or 5 years, but the CB's become really poor when you don't have Tramaine Brock, who is pro bowl caliber.  Point is, if they get healthy on defense, it's between them and Seattle in the NFC, in my opinion.

2 games in, I think they're a playoff team, but if week 3 rolls around against the Cardinals and I still have Colin KaeperRomo as a QB, I'm not excited for Week 18.
    Lmao look how quick Wake got irate. Surprise surprise. A 17 point win ain't a close game you fucking dumbass.

Im irate? UIRATE! KY fag! ban pls
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Wine said:
     Colin KaeperRomo 
    =))
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner

Im irate? UIRATE! KY fag! ban pls
    you guys still do this shit???
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Telling you right now..Giants will be lucky if they win 3 games this year...Gonna be a long season and I can't talk no shit/smack/anything....Horrible..absofrigginloutely