Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Excuses, excuses.....McNabb is better than Vick and Kolb combined at this point.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Excuses, excuses.....McNabb is better than Vick and Kolb combined at this point.
    ...is Jay trolling?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA! so youre saying you'd take Mcnabb over Vick? Mcnabb is way passed his prime, look how many times he missed wide open recievers today. if vick didnt get injured, the eagles would have won. they almost did win with bum ass kolb in.
    ...is Jay trolling?
    nah, i think he's serious, cause he's been saying all year the eagles shouldnt have gotten rid of mcnabb. mcnabb's done.
    They shouldn't have gotten rid of him. Unless the Eagles pull a miracle and make the playoffs, nothing will change my mind about that.
    Let me put it this way, I'm more confident in the 49ers winning against the Eagles if they were starting Kolb or McNabb, but I'm concerned about Vick.
    the skins won the game with the run which the eagles werent expecting cause the skins run game has been ass all year. the D made adjustments, kolb just couldnt get it done. the lions shoulda scooped mcnabb jay.
    edited October 2010
    Let me put it this way, I'm more confident in the 49ers winning against the Eagles if they were starting Kolb or McNabb, but I'm concerned about Vick.
    They made it sound like Vick isn't going to be back very soon....
    the skins won the game with the run which the eagles werent expecting cause the skins run game has been ass all year. the D made adjustments, kolb just couldnt get it done. the lions shoulda scooped mcnabb jay.
    Nah, we don't have the protection McNabb needs, and even if we did, I wouldn't be willing to trade for a QB we'd only have for a couple years and then let go like Daunte Culpepper.
    if vick's done, their done. i dont agree that they shouldnt have gotten rid of mcnabb, but i do agree that kolb is not as good as the eagles thought and hopefully vick is ok. i wish dawkins and mcnabb finished their careers with philly, but mcnabb woulda signed a big contract with someone after this season and the eagles would have gotten shit for him. it was the right desision, they just overrated kolb inside the organization. kolb really hasnt had a chance either btw. now i no way am i comparing him to p. manning, but remember mannings 1st year? and mcnabbs? they both sucked ass. maybe the dude just needs to gro a little.
    but for this year no vick, no chance
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    0-16 YES WE CAN!!!
    Whether they go 0-16 or not, I will not lose confidence in the team. I may be angry but if there's one thing I'm not it's a fair weather fan.
    I was talking about the Lions.<_>

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Looks like Cutler might be done tonight.
    edited October 2010
    Cutler is out. It's a concussion, so no way they let him back in.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    0-16 YES WE CAN!!!
    Whether they go 0-16 or not, I will not lose confidence in the team. I may be angry but if there's one thing I'm not it's a fair weather fan.
    I was talking about the Lions.<_>
    Good. I hope the same thing applies to Jay.
    Looks like Cutler might be done tonight.
    Concussion, but he also is heavily limited by his terribleness.

I have hope for next week though, if Singletary gets it together and they can actually play 4 quarters of football, the Niners have a real shot. :/
    The Lions have already gone 0-16, and I'm still a fan, so.... <_>
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Stop living in your fantasy world Jay. The Lions will never win a bowl.

edited October 2010
    Well, you could be like my Dad, who since the Young days has had what he calls "casual interest." Whenever the 49ers win, he was with them the whole time, but when they lose, he's just like "Eh, the team's terrible, it's good I never got too invested with them anyway."

He is the most aggravating fair weather fan I have ever encountered. I can't stand him.

EDIT: Strictly in a football fan sense, I mean, otherwise my pops rules.
    My love for the Lions has never wavered, even with the Millen era sucking the soul from the franchise since 2001 and leaving Schwartz to pick up the pieces.
    This is the most kickass statement on this page. The Eagles havent won a bowl yet, but I still live and die with them. People like me and Jay will never jump on the bandwagon!
    Stop living in your fantasy world Jay. The Lions will never win a bowl.
    I'm calling it now, with the young team the Lions are putting together and while sucking every year, theyre getting great picks in the draft and will soon have a killer team, I think the lions are good now and would have won a few of those games if stafford was in, and they got robbed game one. with all that said I predict the Lions will reach a superbowl before the cowboys do! Fo Sho! No joke.