Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    No I said that modern day ones are in domes not the other way around
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:

You guys cry a lot football is played in the elements if you're a champion you should be able to win in any circumstance.

I didn't realize there were so many vaginas around here.

Bengals will never win the Superbowl.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Yeah so pretty much y'all all arguing that because of how important the game is it should be played in fair weather...well you can't really predict the weather at a outdoor stadium so should we move all SB to done stadiums? What about the playoff games those are really important to should we move those to indoor neutral sights?

Dude its rained at the Superbowl once...
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

Yeah so pretty much y'all all arguing that because of how important the game is it should be played in fair weather...well you can't really predict the weather at a outdoor stadium so should we move all SB to done stadiums? What about the playoff games those are really important to should we move those to indoor neutral sights?

Slippery slope fallacy, dude.
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    Stull don't know how da fuk Bruno Mars got to be part of the half time show... [-(
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    mrAPE said:

I disagree. Also maybe the weather will run off some of the paper fans and make tickets a decent price.

Problem is getting to the stadium..NFL excutives said if the storm that hit us the other day was slated to hit on SB Sunday they would of moved game day up or back.

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Tiger said:

Stull don't know how da fuk Bruno Mars got to be part of the half time show... [-(

The Chili Peppers I get

Who would you say would be the Holy Grail of halftime shows? They had a poll on another forum and Guns N Roses won. Metallica would be my most realistic choice
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Like I said before. Rock and metal is football while rap is basketball.
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    SATAN said:

The Chili Peppers I get

Who would you say would be the Holy Grail of halftime shows? They had a poll on another forum and Guns N Roses won. Metallica would be my most realistic choice

Ozzy could still do it, it would probably be the ultimate for him before he gets planted...
    :-?
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Prices Plummet for SB Tickets - espn.com

"Two hungry fan bases and the wealth of the New York metropolitan area had some guessing that Super Bowl XLVIII would turn out to be the most expensive ticket in Super Bowl history.

But judging from the reaction of the resale ticket market over the past 24 hours, it could turn out to be one of the cheapest.

On Friday, nine days before the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks meet at MetLife Stadium, the cheapest ticket to buy for the Super Bowl was $1,779 on NFL Ticket Exchange, the league's official resale site. That's $409 cheaper than it was on the site with this many days left last year and $809 cheaper than the year before.

Since the conference championship games ended, ticket prices have steadily plummeted. The get-in price on the NFL Ticket Exchange was $2,700 on Monday.

Julie Van Ploeg, general manager of Ticketmaster's resale business which runs the NFL Ticket Exchange, said that the amount of tickets on the market have actually increased by 10 percent over the past 48 hours. And that's before the NFL has even given the physical tickets to the majority of people that the league is taking care of."
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited January 2014
    Ozzy would be like best case scenario
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Cowboys are thinking about hiring Scott Linehan =))
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett are considering resolving their disagreement over who should be the team's offensive playcaller with a compromise: They're discussing hiring former Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, according to league sources.

One source who expects Linehan to be hired speculated he could have the title of passing game coordinator while also being designated the Cowboys' playcaller. If so, Linehan would become the third different offensive playcaller in three seasons in Dallas, following Garrett and current offensive coordinator Bill Callahan.

In a setup one source described as "strange" and "dysfunctional," Garrett ceded play-calling authority to Callahan a year ago in what appeared to be a change mandated by Jones, who is also the team's general manager.

At the Senior Bowl this week in Mobile, Ala., Jones said Callahan and defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin would both return following a third consecutive 8-8 season in which the Cowboys failed in Week 17 to win the NFC East. While Garrett also said he expected both coordinators to return, he specifically left open the possibility that roles could be changed.

:|=))
    And Jim Schwartz hired as the new DC for Buffalo. Of course we play them next season.