Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Westbrook>Coffee

Upgrade.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    Westbroke*

:o)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    westbrook?.... is Gore injured?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Brian Westbrook just signed with the 49ers.

I'm going to go try various ways to kill myself.
    What's wrong with him, other than the fact he's made of glass?
    He's going to take carries away from Anthony Dixon, and unless he can evolve into a mentor role immediately, I'm not happy about that. I'm a huge believer in Dixon. He was a real steal in the late rounds. I don't think Westbrook is going to be a real addition to the team. I predict no more than 200 yards from him all year.
    Westbrook>Coffee

Upgrade.
    Addressed above. I do not doubt that Westbrook is better than Coffee, although I believe Coffee had enormous potential.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    Holy shit Eli Manning took a huge hit there. Blood everywhere!

God I love football.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    BLOGS
    NFL Network
    Bengals could reach injury settlement with Bryant
    16th August 2010 | Frank Tadych
    As the curious case of Antonio Bryant drags on, I continue to hear rumblings that the Cincinnati Bengals are considering releasing the player they signed just five months ago.
    The Bengals signed Bryant to a four-year, $28 million contract, but might now be willing to cut ties.
    NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora passed on word that, according to his sources, it's a distinct possibility the Bengals could reach an injury settlement with Bryant, meaning he would never play a down for the team. The Bengals, after giving Bryant nearly $10 million in guarantees, would have to eat a chunk of that money, but their concerns over his effectiveness this season are very real.
    Bryant hasn't taken the field since the first practice of training camp due to lingering issues in the left knee that bothered him throughout the 2009 season. The Bengals have done their part to downplay Bryant's status , but the vagueness from both sides is only fueling the speculation.
    As of last Thursday, Bryant told Bengals.com he hasn't started running yet, but promised the team's investment would be worth the cost.
    "I'm feeling better, but I really don't have much to say," Bryant said. "I'm just trying to be forgotten. It's hard to forget $7 million. It will be worth it. As soon as I put my feet on the ground, it will be more than worth it."
    Maybe so. But one can only wonder how Bryant passed a physical with the Bengals in the first place. And because Bryant practiced on the first day of camp, he's not eligible to be placed on the "reserve" PUP list before the start of the regular season, which would give the Bengals a six-week window to start the season without Bryant counting against the 53-player roster.
    With Terrell Owens in the mix, the impressive debuts of rookies Jordan Shipley and Jermaine Gresham in the middle of the field and Andre Caldwell in reserve, the Bengals certainly have a lot to think about when it comes to Bryant.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Iwrestledabearonce > lions
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Troll in the dungeon.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Anybody can get past a dog bear
    But nobody fucks with a lion
    image Photobucket
    Are you admitting to being a troll jl

Chuck - grandmas boy
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    mike and mike picked 49ers to go 12-4 and 11-5......im thinking more in the 9-7 range....unless the d can be consistent and smith isn't horrible then they can be better.....im starting to think cin may finish in the 6-10 range if the plays as shitty as it has to open the first 2 preseason games
    mike and mike picked 49ers to go 12-4 and 11-5......im thinking more in the 9-7 range....unless the d can be consistent and smith isn't horrible then they can be better.....im starting to think cin may finish in the 6-10 range if the plays as shitty as it has to open the first 2 preseason games
    D can't get more consistent than it already is. I think Smith will improve but he's not becoming Joe Montana in one season like some people claim he is. I like at least 10-6.
    well last season in the games you won your d gave up 60 some points and in the ones you lost it was almost like 300 points....thats what i meant by consistent...but with the teams you play i feel like you will win the division...in other news some guy name favre i guess may have flow up to vikings camp....just small news im sure espn won't be covering it as no one has ever heard of this guy
    well last season in the games you won your d gave up 60 some points and in the ones you lost it was almost like 300 points....thats what i meant by consistent...but with the teams you play i feel like you will win the division...in other news some guy name favre i guess may have flow up to vikings camp....just small news im sure espn won't be covering it as no one has ever heard of this guy
    They stopped Peyton Manning from scoring a touchdown, something that defenses haven't been able to do for a long time. I think it's the best front seven in the NFL, although without Ahmad Brooks and Aubrayo Franklin it's not quite the same. If Taylor Mays becomes the safety people want him to be, the defense will become scary. Underestimate that defense and you will lose.
    i think the best front seven still resides in Baltimore....then the jets....but you do have the bet LB in football..and best d lines being in MIN. and i think when the year is over the giants
    I have the Niners winning at least 9, probably 10 or 11. Any of those should be enough to win the division.
    FUCK....I knew he would be coming back.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Brett Favre is back in Minnesota, stirring hope among Vikings fans that he may be ready to play this season.

A private jet trimmed in the Vikings' purple and gold carrying the 40-year-old quarterback landed at an airport outside Minneapolis on Tuesday afternoon. Favre was then whisked to Viking headquarters, and disappeared into the building.

Favre's website posted a message earlier saying "stay tuned for breaking news from the Minnesota Vikings today on Brett Favre's possible return." There's still no official word from the team.

Seifert: FavreWatch 2010
    Kevin Seifert is blogging all things Brett Favre as the Vikings quarterback has arrived in Minnesota. Blog

Minnesota Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson, defensive end Jared Allen and placekicker Ryan Longwell traveled to Hattiesburg on Monday to get an answer from Favre on whether he intended to play this season, sources told ESPN.

FoxSports.com reported Tuesday that Favre told the three players that he would play for the Vikings this season.

The Vikings' urgency to get an answer turned to panic Monday when Favre was reluctant to report to the team this week and wouldn't give word if he was coming, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Favre will turn 41 in October and has flirted with retirement for years while playing for the Green Bay Packers, the New York Jets and now the Vikings. He threw 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions last season to help Minnesota reach the NFC title game.

The three-time MVP has been thinking about retirement again this year after injuring his ankle in the NFC Championship Game loss to New Orleans in January. He had surgery on his left ankle in June, and told teammates and some team officials earlier in August that it wasn't sufficiently healed enough for him to return for a 20th NFL season.

Yet no one in the organization has fully bought into that -- partly because they went through a similar ordeal in 2009.

Last year, Favre told the team on the eve of training camp that he was going to stay retired only to return the Tuesday after their first preseason game.

Favre proved last year that he didn't need all that extra sweating in training camp, delivering one of his finest seasons to lead the Vikings to the brink of the Super Bowl. He took a beating at the Superdome, yet still threw for 310 yards and a touchdown. But he also threw two interceptions, the last one in Saints territory at the end of regulation that cost the team a chance a game-winning field goal try.

In many ways, the Vikings' offense is in more disarray than a year ago, and the team needed Favre as quickly as possible. Percy Harvin was away from July 31 until Monday because of the deaths of two people who were close to him, and because of his migraine headaches.

Adrian Peterson has missed most of camp with a hamstring injury. Sidney Rice is sidelined with a hip problem.

When asked about the report of Favre's plane heading to Minnesota and whether Favre would play for the team in 2010, Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell hedged.

"That's all speculation right now," Bevell said. "If it were to come to pass, Coach [Brad Childress] would make that call."

It was one year ago Wednesday that Favre reported to the Vikings last season.

Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder earlier this month that he will play this season if healthy. The quarterback, who had ankle surgery in May, met with Dr. James Andrews last week to try to determine why the ankle is still bothering him.