Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Dimmu Borgir changes album artwork post-release

2»

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That sig has made concentrating so much harder on this forum.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited November 2010
    Look up videos of progenies of the great apocalypse live 2010. I hear vortex but we all know he is not there. On top of that they play that womans part from gateways over the PA. If I want to listen to a cd I'll stay home and do it
    The Woman's part from Gateways is Vortex, they altered his voice.
    You saw that too? Yea, that kinda pissed me off, but eh, at least the "Female" Vocals sound fucking haunting on the song.

As far as playing his voice over the PA, it kinda sucks, but some bands don't have the option. When I saw BMTH, they played Light's part in Crucify Me over the P.A. as well as the choir chanting part. Unless they literally brought Lights and a fucking choir on tour with them, they don't have much of an option, so it didn't bother me too much.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I like when bands can play every part of their CDs live. The thing with vortex is just bs
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    edited November 2010
    I like when bands can play every part of their CDs live. The thing with vortex is just bs
    yeah the way i see it is: if you cant play it live dont write it
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Don't get me wrong I love the orchestral stuff they do however I'm not going to go see them live if half of the music is played over PA.

Dimmu needs to swallow their pride make amends with vortex and bring him back
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't know why, but this just gave me chills when she started singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MveMaXLMs8
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I agree for the most part.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    That's the same with my song writing. I'm not going to write anything I can't do live
  • Morbid_PunishmentMorbid_Punishment Posts: 448 salt miner
    I was wondering why the fuck I was seeing the skull cover around.
    I don't like the new version at all, the original was a lot cooler and plus the "Gateways" video is now off. They have the mask in that video and now it's no longer on the cover it just seems weird. It looks like shit.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    just saw this on blabbermouth
    When asked about DIMMU BORGIR's recent announcement that future pressings of its latest album, "Abrahadabra", would contain brand new artwork, Galder said, "We had some problems with the guy making the skull — we had some copyright stuff — so we had to change it. . . There wasn't really that big of a difference; I mean, the version is a bit more brutal than the earlier version."

DIMMU BORGIR's record label, Nuclear Blast, stated in a press release, "Art-wise, it's a subtle change and will IN NO WAY alter the musical content of this album. Moving forward, this new cover will grace all the different versions once the album is re-pressed, so the original pressing is now — you've got it — a collector's item! Again, it is ABSOLUTELY the same album musically with the same content. ONLY the artwork has changed."
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    The new artwork is in the inside cover of the original....
  • Morbid_PunishmentMorbid_Punishment Posts: 448 salt miner
    i don't think it's more "brutal" than the original. it's just a skull and the other one had some weird mask on it that i'm sure not a lot of people have seen. but we've all seen skulls.