Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

My personal Chili recipe.

JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
edited October 2010 in Off Topic
Stuff you need:

-1 pound of the highest percentage fat ground beef you can find
-3 pounds ground beef(preferably lower fat percentage)
-2 Jalapenios
-2 cans cooked kidney beans
-3 Habanero
-1 tablespoon chili powder
-1 green pepper(it's like the size of a banana kind of. dont now name)
-1 green bell pepper
-1 red bell pepper
-garlic. about one bulb thingy
-1/2 white onion
-1 6oz can tomato sauce(or two full tomatos, chopped up. not those huge ass ones but the medium sized ones)
-3 small green peppers(like the size of a pinky)

Instructions:

Step one: chop up all vegetables and deseed everything and put em in a pot and start cooking them. add in chili powder and stir around a lot.

Step two: Add all beef. the fatty beef is for flavor. can use chili meat though...cook till meat is browned

Step three: add in kidney beans and tomato sauce and stir it around to mix everything good.

Step 4: cover pot and let cook for about 30 mins on low heat on stove.

Step 5: fuck it up. or see step 6

Step 6: if you dont like the texture of the stuff in the chili put the chili in a crock post for 3-4 hours. it makes it taste amazing as fuck.

No water added. if you want it thicker cook with lid off of crock pot for about 30 mins and it'll thicken up.

Note: if you want to take the time too it's good to boil all vegetable and take off the skins first cause you will still get the skins at the end but everything else is pretty much cooked into it.

I have had my neighbors buy this chili from me so I'd say it's pretty good.

If you know how to make the kidney beans, do that too. I dont use the cans and I personally make my own chili powder and only use it for color. if it's not used the chili looks grayish brown. with it it has a nice slight red tint to it and makes it look as good as it tastes.

Post edited by Jeff on

Comments