Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Top 50 guitar solos of all time Gibson.com

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Nah..not trolling I actually like Jake..I think he is rather underrated as a guitar player...listen to some Badlands stuff, he is very talented...Rhoads was the man of course..I just feel that Jake doesn't get enough credit for some of the killer riffs on his two Ozzy albums.
    Ozzy wouldn't have a career right now if it weren't for Jake, he would have been left in the dust after Randy died.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Slayer solos straight up suck.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Indeed.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Jake E. Lee was the best Ozzy guitarist, Bark at the Moon....amazing, just thought I should throw that out there.
    Troll in the dungeon.
    NO SLAYER??!??!!!?!
    I would have liked to see Angel of Death or War Ensemble on there because all the solos in those songs are great
    No Slayer solo should even sniff a Top 50 Guitar Solo list.
    Again I say Angel of Death and War Ensemble
    I agree with Jay here, I don't want a bunch of whammy crap in my greatest guitar solos list, I want feeling and meaning, that guitarists like Stevie Ray Vaughan, David Gilmoure, and Mark Knopfler bring to the table.
    I don't hear whammy in Angel of Death...idk what you guys are listening to
    Stop trolling Santana

• cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    Jake E. Lee was the best Ozzy guitarist, Bark at the Moon....amazing, just thought I should throw that out there.
    Troll in the dungeon.
    NO SLAYER??!??!!!?!
    I would have liked to see Angel of Death or War Ensemble on there because all the solos in those songs are great
    I agree with Jay here, I don't want a bunch of whammy crap in my greatest guitar solos list, I want feeling and meaning, that guitarists like Stevie Ray Vaughan, David Gilmoure, and Mark Knopfler bring to the table.
    Santana, just get the fuck out or shut the fuck up.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Indeed.
    Indeedorino
    Troll in the dungeon.
    NO SLAYER??!??!!!?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Truth. You know it's bad when a solo consists of Hanneman just standing there, holding out one looooooooooong note, jerking the whammy bar. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Troll in the dungeon.
    NO SLAYER??!??!!!?!
    Santana, just get the fuck out or shut the fuck up.
    Show me where the whammy is then
    Truth. You know it's bad when a solo consists of Hanneman just standing there, holding out one looooooooooong note, jerking the whammy bar. <_>
    Hanneman > King
    Hanneman > King
    That's why I'm proud to say I got a hanneman pick not a King one.
    edited September 2010
    Hanneman > King
    Also true, which is why it disappointed me when that's exactly what the World Painted Blood solo was live. <_>
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    Indeed.
    Indeed.
    Hanneman > King
    This. It was Hanneman who made me go, 'man I want to be able to play like that one day'....generally he has good solos IMO
    Hanneman > King
    This. It was Hanneman who made me go, 'man I want to be able to play like that one day'....generally he has good solos IMO
    Now I know you're trolling.

Hanneman > King
    By "good", you mean "better than King's solos," which is not saying much.
    edited September 2010
    Yeah pretty much. Their riffs are great though. Not hard to play but they're catchy