Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    *Goes back to playing Black Ops campaign.*
    Was that an attempt to try to make us jealous or in envy of you?
    Don't be jealous. I wouldn't be jealous of campaign lawl. Multiplayer is what COD was made for and he can't even play that till the game is out.
    Agreed.

As far as the new dashboard goes... blah. The only saving grace is ESPN.

Netflix on the PS3 just got way better then the 360 version. PS3 Netflix the browsing is so much better, the instant queue is better. But most of all Netflix on PS3 supports 5.1 Digital audio whihc is a game changer for me and my surround sound system.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Okay let me re word the question. How did you get it Ed?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,662 master of ceremonies
    *Goes back to playing Black Ops campaign.*
    Was that an attempt to try to make us jealous or in envy of you?
    Don't be jealous. I wouldn't be jealous of campaign lawl. Multiplayer is what COD was made for and he can't even play that till the game is out.
    I can play Multiplayer if I wanted, but I got banned last year for doing the same with MW 2.
    Which is why I said YOU CAN'T PLAY IT.
    I'm still confused on whether you need to pay for a Hulu Plus subscription to get it on your xbox (like Netflix) or if it's included in the Gold charge.

And MW2 was not a game worth getting banned over. Old Infinity Ward>Treyarch>New Infinity Ward
    You will have to pay for a Hulu subscription just like Netflix. PS3 dished it out and it was good, but you have to pay $10 a month if you want Hulu.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    i may not be right but i believe if you sexbox is modded then you can d/l leaked versions on the intrewebz and play it on said sexbox
    i may not be right but i believe if you sexbox is modded then you can d/l leaked versions on the intrewebz and play it on said sexbox
    correct
    Interesting.

Leave it to black to cheat.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yup. I plan on modding my current sexbox when I get the next xbox when it comes out in I assume 3-4 years.
    Yup. I plan on modding my current sexbox when I get the next xbox when it comes out in I assume 3-4 years.
    That won't happen
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Interesting.

Leave it to black to cheat.
    <_>
    I'm not going to pay $60 for half assed games. I'd rather have five 360's that I can use whenever the one I'm using gets banned.

Hmm leave it to black people to fail at math
    What does math have to do with my previous statement?

Yes, that game is worth my $150.

5 xbox = 500 at the least buying used for 100. Plus modding you may do it yourself I don't know but I know of some people that charge for it.

8 brand new games plus a used game. For 500 dollars. This is all at th least and will vary depending on price of xbox. Plus wasting the time on modding. If you buy more than 8 brand new games a year I'd have to call you a nerd.
    Modding takes me 10 minutes. Buying RROD 360's from people and fixing them saves money.

He don't buy used mayne.

so that's 300 for every new xbox. 5 xbox=1500 and 8 new games at $60 a piece=480.

plus adding mods can be over hundreds of dollars.
    Modding takes me 10 minutes. Buying RROD 360's from people and fixing them saves money.
    orly? what do you have :]
    Do you ever read the terms of service agreements that come with software, hardware and firmware updates? I know I don’t. I’m all too happy to scroll on to the end and click “yes.” One astute reader, liberty, took the time to read through the updated Xbox Live terms of service included with yesterday’s Xbox system update – and uncovered some pretty scary stuff.

Remember how we, via Microsoft’s Phil Spencer, assured you that Kinect wasn’t spying on you? It seems that might not be entirely factual; According to the terms of service, they can – and will use Kinect to monitor players.

Sections 9 and 12 of the updated terms of service are particularly scary :

If you accept the agreement, you “expressly authorize and consent to us accessing or disclosing information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of Microsoft, our partners, or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the Service; or (c) act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, customers, or the public.”

Also scary? they reserve the right to monitor your voice and chat sessions using their new camera system. Personal privacy? Not so personal, not so private.

“You should not expect any level of privacy concerning your use of the live communication features (for example, voice chat, video and communications in live-hosted gameplay sessions) offered through the Service.” They obviously won’t – and can’t – monitor every single system at the same time, but they say that they have the right to do so “to the maximum extent permitted by law.”

Microsoft also “reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Microsoft’s sole discretion.” Break the law in front of your Kinect system? You could be up against the law.

Thinking of disabling or bypassing any of these monitoring systems? Well, that’s illegal. Of course,the TOS has always included sections that one might deem questionable if they favoured privacy – but with the inclusion of camera, it’s edging ever closer to an Orwellian level of surveillance. It seems Big Brother really is watching you.

Read over the new terms of service here : Xbox.com
    somehow I'm not surprised, though this enrages me a little.
    Agreed.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    somehow I'm not surprised, though this enrages me a little.
    imageimage