Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    lololololololol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I don't buy or play FPS's anymore. It's a redundant genre that beats a dead horse over and over IMO. Over the past year, the only First Person game I've played is Bioshock 2.
    Coming from someone who lives for FPS...FUCK YOU AND GO DIE! >:O
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I'm only one new page away

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    So I went to my gamestop today and they indeed have stopped taking pre-orders for the Hardened Edition of Black Ops.

However the employee told me he would put a note on my pre-order of the regular edition to have them give me a copy of the hardened edition. I asked him if this was a guarantee that I would get it and he told me if I came to the midnight release it wouldn't be a problem.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    It's a redundant genre that beats a dead horse over and over IMO.
    You have got to be fucking kidding me. jk bro, chill out
    I didn't see the hidden part until I quoted..
    I vote post of the month
    image Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Guess that means i can't switch from the prestige edition to the hardened of black ops
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    I don't buy or play FPS's anymore. It's a redundant genre that beats a dead horse over and over IMO. Over the past year, the only First Person game I've played is Bioshock 2.
    Coming from someone who lives for FPS...FUCK YOU AND GO DIE! >:O
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    RPG's are funner imo. I play FPS's to piss people off.
    I like just about all genres of gaming however I find FPS to be "funner"
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    i really dont care for FPS my self....but i do love me some sports games
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE QUITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Got Dead Rising 2 yesterday. Fucking amazing. Worth the money in every way possible. Getting money is hard though to buy the Zombrex lol.

The combo weapons are fucking brutal.

Drill bucket = O_O

And the Blitzkrieg is just beyond epic.

Wheelchair + assault rifles taped to the handles = BEYOND ASTRONOMICALLY EPIC.
    Yeah..... That game sucked
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    Its fun for like an hour. Its definitely not an 11/10
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 in 2 weeks.

Smackdown games are the shit.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    iv grown out of wrestling games
    Wrestling games are way too boring. They just don't move fast enough for me
    edited October 2010
    This should get Ape excited.

Resistance 3 Details

The November issue of Game Informer has some juicy information for fans of Sony's beloved Resistance series. Game Informer's cover story illuminates several key points regarding Resistance 3, including confirmation of the main character's identity, usable weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. The article is accompanied by several screenshots and a host of concept art that paints a grim picture of the United States -- and the rest of the world.

For those new to the Resistance experience, Insomniac's series documents the tragedy of the Chimeran invasion of Earth. Most of Resistance: Fall of Man takes place in England, as U.S. troops attempt to support the faltering English forces. Players took control of Nathan Hale, an American soldier infected by the Chimeran virus (but somehow immune to it), and battled the viscous horrors of the Chimera alongside fellow soldiers. Resistance 2 continued to follow a more experienced Hale through a besieged North America. Spoiler alert: the game ended with Hale's death at the hands of his fellow soldier Joseph Capelli, who took Hale's life in mercy as he succumbed to the Chimeran virus at last.

Resistance 3 will star Capelli, but the rugged fighter is a changed man. Following his final battle with Hale, Capelli defected from SRPA (Special Research Projects Administration) and started a family in hiding. The United States, and the rest of the world, has fallen to the unmerciful might of the Chimera, and only pockets of humanity remain. This setting for Resistance 3 takes place approximately four years after the conclusion of Resistance 2.

At the beginning of the game, Capelli's home of Haven, Oklahoma is attacked by Chimera. Capelli fights to defend his wife Susan and their son Jack, but Jack is already ill from the frigid temperatures that the Chimera have brought to the planet. Susan asks her husband to search out Dr. Malikov, an important figure in the Resistance story, and travel to New York to save the human race. Malikov apparently has a cure for the Chimeran virus and it could be the key to keeping mankind alive.

Malikov will join Capelli for his journey to New York, and Game Informer goes into a fair amount of detail regarding their passage through St. Lois. The two men are startled at seeing alien plant life in the area -- a sign that the Chimera could be changing Earth to better suit their needs.

In terms of gameplay, the article reveals several intriguing bits of information, including the image of a multiplayer map set in an African prison. Insomniac noted to Game Informer that unlike Resistance 2, Resistance 3 will not have weapon restrictions, meaning players will be able to carry more than two guns at a time. This is excellent news, as Insomniac is known for their fantastic weapon design and having access to more at once means more complex gameplay. The weapons discussed in the article include the Marksman, Magnum, Bullseye, and the Auger. A new weapon, the Mutator, will infect the Chimera with a deadly toxin.

Perhaps more exciting is the news that these weapons can be upgraded as you use them. This is fitting, considering the evolving armory that Ratchet has at his disposal in Insomniac's other iconic franchise. Lastly, the article also confirms two-player co-op support (set in the actual single-player campaign) and enhanced enemy AI.

Resistance 3 isn't coming anytime soon, but it's already looking to be one of the most anticipated games on Sony's platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwmeBLL0V9A

Got mine in the mail today. Will read it later on and let you know what's up Apey Ape.

Photobucket
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    ^ that got me a little excited down below...Resistance 3....hmmmmmmm...

i need to pickup 1 and 2 again..