Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    yeah i agree with jake...aside from supposedly starting the fps multiplayer on consoles it really has done shit for games....i credit goldeneye and perfect dark for starting the MP on consoles tho...they were the first to do it even if you could only do it with 4 players on a tiny tv.... halo just expanded on the idea
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I tend to like things with horrible reviews and dislike things that critics suck the dick of. So I usually just avoid reviews.
    image Photobucket
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wasn't planning on getting Skyrim right away buttttt.... i've played so much MW3 in the last 2 days I kinda burnt myself out.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Halo is unoriginal
    I don't understand how the game that invented the modern console FPS is unoriginal.
    people who say Halo is unoriginal haven't actually explored the Halo universe and its story.
    You both are fuckin retarded. I was talking about gameplay, not story. Learn 2 read please. The Halos dont really differ from one another as far as gameplay. And its so easy its ridiculous. Toss a grenade, shoot, melee. Shit works 9 out of 10 times.
    when you just say straight unoriginal, it's kind of hard to guess if you're talking about the entire thing, or just game play.
    learn to clarify.
    I've never liked Call Of Duty. The gameplay just isnt fun to me. Halo is unoriginal and a lot of stuff is unchanged but the gameplay is fun as hell imho.

Plus the lack of variety is kind of a bummer. It's just the same boring thing every time. Kill each other. I understand its an FPS and thats the point but with other games there is at least vehicles and shit to shake it up.

My whole post was talking about gameplay. Lrn2readandmakemeasammich
    Lrn2readandmakemeasammich :))
    I've never liked Call Of Duty. The gameplay just isnt fun to me. Halo is unoriginal and a lot of stuff is unchanged but the gameplay is fun as hell imho.

Plus the lack of variety is kind of a bummer. It's just the same boring thing every time. Kill each other. I understand its an FPS and thats the point but with other games there is at least vehicles and shit to shake it up.

My whole post was talking about gameplay. Lrn2readandmakemeasammich
    all you said there was halo is unoriginal, but you like the gameplay.

you didn't say only the gameplay is unoriginal so you still fail.
    I'm not going to try and read your mind and assume just because you started on one subject that means everything you say after will only pertain to that.
    Why would you assume otherwise? <_> Its not mind reading its basic comprehension kthnx
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Skyrim can't get that 10 like Uncharted.

Uncharted wins GOTY!!!!!!!!!
    nope Portal 2
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Was going to buy Skyrim just cause I could, but decided against it since my girl gaming friend is getting the collectors edition.

All people stay in party chat nowadays... so though it's funny, it's kind of inaccurate now =/
    fixed

Lolololol like Mike's friend

edited November 2011

You both are fuckin retarded. I was talking about gameplay, not story. Learn 2 read please. .

could have fooled me <_>
    fuck it
    That's how we roll tho

I'll be free tomorrow

• MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    edited November 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 Tops 9.3m First Day (Biggest Industry Launch Ever)

'When will this franchise peak?' Many asked this after last year's Black Ops defied all odds and outsold a Modern Warfare Call of Duty game (the very reason the series is so big today); a brand within itself. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that Call of Duty has yet again broken industry records, but it's by how much that makes it staggering.

A reported 1.5 million people queued at midnight globally to get their hands on Modern Warfare 3, with a total of 9.3 million copies sold on the first day. The Xbox 360 version sees around a 54% share, meaning it's the first game on one platform to pass 5 million on its first day. The PlayStation 3 version held 42%, which is around the 4 million mark. Both day ones are only slightly behind Black Ops entire first week sales. The PC version and the Wii version held the remaining 4%, which is around 370,000 units.

As a whole, Modern Warfare 3 is up 33% over Black Ops' first day sales, and a whopping 55% up on the previous Modern Warfare. the US and the UK combined account for 7 million, which is just over 75%.

Early data suggests first week sales are on course for around 12 to 13.5 million. With just over 87 million Call of Duty games already sold on home consoles and PC this generation, by the end of this week the Call of Duty franchise will have sold over 100 million games this generation.

After 1 week of sales it is predicted that it will outsell Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3, Cncharted 3, Batman Arkham City, and Forza 4 in combined sales.
    soon to be topped by GTA5
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    I doubt it. GTA is popular but CoD and Halo are on another level as far as the amount of fans it has.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Beating up hookers and countless racist Easter eggs>CoD
    I love winning with women