Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Skyward Sword drops Nov. 20. image
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Skyward Sword drops Nov. 20. image
    YAY! :D
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    DirecTV teams up with PS3 for Sunday NFL Ticket

In addition to baseball and hockey, PS3 owners now have the opportunity to catch football games, streamed live through their console. The PlayStation Blog today announced a partnership with DirecTV to offer the satellite television provider's popular NFL Sunday Ticket service, which allows individuals to view out-of-market football games.

Existing DirecTV subscribers can access Sunday Ticket on the console for an additional $50 at the start of the season (on top of what they paid for Sunday Ticket, of course) and can use their console as an additional receiver. PS3 users looking to opt into NFL Sunday Ticket without a DirecTV subscription will have to shell out a hefty $339.95. The PS3 will both show games in HD each week (up to 14) and display DirecTV's Red Zone channel. Or you could just sign up for DirecTV and get NFL Sunday Ticket for free, but then you'd have a bulky satellite dish to deal with.

Based on comments made to Shacknews by DirecTV's director of public relations Robert Mercer, NFL Sunday Ticket will "at least for this season" be exclusive to PS3. "We just want to work with a single partner this time around to give everyone a great experience," he concluded.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited August 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjERWa9lOLM

i had to change my pants after i watched this

<3 orbital strikes

also pulling a dude down from across cover and stabbing him in the face with the omniblade is sick @ about 11:00 if ya wanna skip to it
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    DirecTV teams up with PS3 for Sunday NFL Ticket

In addition to baseball and hockey, PS3 owners now have the opportunity to catch football games, streamed live through their console. The PlayStation Blog today announced a partnership with DirecTV to offer the satellite television provider's popular NFL Sunday Ticket service, which allows individuals to view out-of-market football games.

Existing DirecTV subscribers can access Sunday Ticket on the console for an additional $50 at the start of the season (on top of what they paid for Sunday Ticket, of course) and can use their console as an additional receiver. PS3 users looking to opt into NFL Sunday Ticket without a DirecTV subscription will have to shell out a hefty $339.95. The PS3 will both show games in HD each week (up to 14) and display DirecTV's Red Zone channel. Or you could just sign up for DirecTV and get NFL Sunday Ticket for free, but then you'd have a bulky satellite dish to deal with.

Based on comments made to Shacknews by DirecTV's director of public relations Robert Mercer, NFL Sunday Ticket will "at least for this season" be exclusive to PS3. "We just want to work with a single partner this time around to give everyone a great experience," he concluded.
    THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!

They all better be in HD <_>
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjERWa9lOLM

i had to change my pants after i watched this

<3 orbital strikes

also pulling a dude down from across cover and stabbing him in the face with the omniblade is sick @ about 11:00 if ya wanna skip to it</p>
    Reminds me of old school Splinter Cell...
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Gamestop beta testing console streaming service

Gamestop has been testing a console game streaming service and hopes to have a beta in place by year's end, according to a report from GamesIndustry.biz. Presumably, testing sessions are conducted while researchers break from formulating new, more effective ways for cashiers to ask you to pre-order something, anything.

If you've been paying attention, the news shouldn't come as a total surprise. In March, the game retailer bought Spawn Labs, which offered its own console game streaming box, the Spawn HD-720, as early as 2009. This new service would be able to stream 360 and PS3 games to smart devices and dedicated hardware. GameStop is also tinkering with PC game streaming, but who isn't doing that?

And that's sort of where the details dry up. We know this will be a service for members of GameStop's PowerUp Rewards program and that demos will be provided, but the rest (most importantly, the pricing) is a mystery. But take heart: GI.biz reports we can expect more details early next year, with a full roll-out by the middle of 2012.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    finally got a 3DS and zelda 3D! Toys R Us is running a deal- 179 for the system and any 3DS game of your choosing! \m/
    finally got a 3DS and zelda 3D! Toys R Us is running a deal- 179 for the system and any 3DS game of your choosing! \m/
    lame.
    3ds is for kiddies.
    Vita, now THATS a system. 8-X
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I would buy a 3DS if it was under 100
    imageimage
    okay... last night was my first chance of really getting a chance to play the 3DS. Holy shit it is amazing. You wouldnt believe how awesome the 3D is. And playing it in the store is a really poor substitute.... because when it is not attached to shit, you end up holding it in a position that optimizes the 3D effect.

I think they are still learning how things work with it... like the 3D effect in zelda was way too much. I had to put the slider on like half way to 3/4ths.... but other games like AR Games that it comes with it dope at 100%. The Pokedex 3D is amazing at 100% full slider too.

I really don't get how they are able to make these games 3D like that. blows my mind.
    edited August 2011
    oh... and I have been interested in the streetpass thing. So I am all spending all this time making my mii. and crafting my message for others... then I head to work today thinking "man, I can't wait to see all the new mii's I meet on my way to work... I am going to have so many mii friends. this is going to be epic!!!!" I then get to work and am like "something must be broken"

lol, its ok, wake.
    ive only bumped into one other person w/ streetpass.
    the 3d is actually the same old red/blue glasses trick cept 3ds uses alternating rows of pixels. Theres a lil bit more to it but thats the gist of it.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just played the new zombie map. Holy shit it is confusing.
    Well whatever they are doing... the 3DS is fucking epic! Greatest 3D I have ever seen pulled off. fucking love this shit. Oh and my acekard works on it, so the 3DS now plays all my old DS games \m/
    I wish china would hurry up and make a new 3DS acekard now.
    forgot to mention.... on cheeses advice (I think it was cheese), I checked all my old games for Nintendo rewards and woohoo... I am platinum and get a free prize next spring. Also I have 1200 coins to spend :)
    Started playing RE: Mercinaries. Pretty cool game, but not worth $40. And the Revelations demo on it has me more excited for the game since theyve toned down the action n is more survival horror.

@wake you shouldve saved some pin numbers for next year since you only need 600 for platinum.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    forgot to mention.... on cheeses advice (I think it was cheese), I checked all my old games for Nintendo rewards and woohoo... I am platinum and get a free prize next spring. Also I have 1200 coins to spend :)
    What is this Nintendo rewards you speak of?
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    edited August 2011
    @ Cheese - I thought about doing saving for next year, but decided I really wanted to get this for free now: