Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dime said:
    I've been playing through that as well. Almost done with Spyro 2. Looks gorgeous and it's as fun as it ever was. My only complaint is the same one and only complaint that I had with the Crash remaster. They (Spyro and Crash) feel stiff and heavier than in the orginals and for a platformer, that's bad. It makes stuff I was able to breeze through, even as early as last year when I re-played both original trilogies, monotonous and frustrating. 
    Hmm havent noticed that with Spyro. So far I've 100% every level without much issue. 
     I'm 100% everything too but I can attribute that to knowing those games like the back of my hand for the past over a decade. The glide in the first world of the first gamr, when you encounter the egg thief. That jump took me like 10 mins as opposed to ten seconds and he is not as tight when charging around corners as he used to be. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Dime said:
    I've been playing through that as well. Almost done with Spyro 2. Looks gorgeous and it's as fun as it ever was. My only complaint is the same one and only complaint that I had with the Crash remaster. They (Spyro and Crash) feel stiff and heavier than in the orginals and for a platformer, that's bad. It makes stuff I was able to breeze through, even as early as last year when I re-played both original trilogies, monotonous and frustrating. 
    Hmm havent noticed that with Spyro. So far I've 100% every level without much issue. 
     I'm 100% everything too but I can attribute that to knowing those games like the back of my hand for the past over a decade. The glide in the first world of the first gamr, when you encounter the egg thief. That jump took me like 10 mins as opposed to ten seconds and he is not as tight when charging around corners as he used to be. 
    Hmmm. Interesting. It hasnt been game breaking, but Im not as well rehearsed on the originals. Ive played them, but not since I was younger at my cousin's house on the PS1. 

Ive heard the Crash physics are off though. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Anyone checking out Wargroove? Turn based strategy game inspired by the old advanced wars series 
    I really want it. Looks great 
    Ps4 version got delayed for some reason. Sucks
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Picked up New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the switch. Never played it for Wii U and I’m surprised how challenging some areas can be.

My girlfriend won’t play it because she gets frustrated. Then she gets mad when she watches me beat an area in a few moments that she’s spent a lot of time on.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Flight levels on Spyro 🤬
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Hype for that Resident Evil 2 remaster
    inb4lists
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Want a switch but I'm fucking broke
    Tax season is coming up
    Xeno said:
    Want a switch but I'm fucking broke
    Tax season is coming up
    Start suckin dick for cash
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Nah I'm getting a fat return
    Is that supposed to be code for your girl is finally gonna give you some dome
    inb4lists
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    SMOKEY said:
    Yeah, no interest in the Switch at all. Granted I haven't been a big Nintendo gamer since the N64 but the Switch looks fucking terrible.

I also thought the Switch was gonna be a gimmicky piece of shit. I tell it to everyone who is thinking about buying one, right before I tell them how awesome it is.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I made an hour long video ripping on it when it was announced, and now I absolutely love the thing, and it gets hella use. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dime said:
    Dime said:
    Hmmm. Interesting. It hasnt been game breaking, but Im not as well rehearsed on the originals. Ive played them, but not since I was younger at my cousin's house on the PS1. 

Ive heard the Crash physics are off though. 
     Yeah Crash physics were lacking depth perception lol and the vehicle levels controlled worse than they did in the late 90's. Yeah I played through the original trilogies of both games maybe once or twice a year since I was like 7. Always been favorites. Spyro used to be light, breezy and very responsive but he definitely feels heavier and more stiff. His control in the remake just reminds me of his horrendous PS2 debut with Enter The Dragonfly lol everything else is great though. Anything else is just nit picks (some of the new voice actors and a few if the character re-designs). Oherall, still having fun with it. 
    Xeno said:
    ... said:
    Is that supposed to be code for your girl is finally gonna give you some dome
    Fuck off
    Alright I'll admit that was kind of a dick joke lol. But I own up to being an asshole. 
    inb4lists
    Need one more trophy on Spyro 1 Remaster, just need to finish Gnasty Gnorc's treasure level. Then I platinumed that.

JUST IN TIME FOR KINGDOM HEARTS 3 TOMORROW!!!!