Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    edited April 2018
    Insomniac did an article about how they changed MJ because she was never a strong enough woman. So now shes a journalist at the Bugle instead of a model, and will be playable in game. Because god forbid shes a model. Cant have a sexy woman in a game. And walking around as a journalist is exactly what I wanna so in a Spiderman game. 
    Yeah except for the fact that Mary Jane has been a journalist in the comics before :||||||||

She has also been: an actress, a teacher, a nightclub owner, and Tony Stark's assistant. Learn the source material before crying about it. 
    I hate every change since they broke MJ and Peter up. She will always be a model to me. All that other stuff was garbage. ESPECIALLY the assistant to Tony. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    And LOL at "all your hype being killed" about an aspect of gameplay we have like 2 sentences of info on and no video footage. Gtfo paper faggot. 
    I'm sorry but:
    "“We really tried to focus on what would make her feel different. From there the conversation went to, “Okay, how to do we have a playable character who is more than just a sidekick?”...“When she was introduced in the ‘60s, it was not unusual for a character like that to be the love interest or the damsel in distress or other outdated roles. So, we thought, ‘What can we do to give her more agency?’”"

Is fucking stupid. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/04/18/everything-we-know-about-mary-jane-watson-in-spider-man.aspx
    Insomniac did an article about how they changed MJ because she was never a strong enough woman. So now shes a journalist at the Bugle instead of a model, and will be playable in game. Because god forbid shes a model. Cant have a sexy woman in a game. And walking around as a journalist is exactly what I wanna so in a Spiderman game. 
    Yeah except for the fact that Mary Jane has been a journalist in the comics before :||||||||

She has also been: an actress, a teacher, a nightclub owner, and Tony Stark's assistant. Learn the source material before crying about it. 
    I hate every change since they broke MJ and Peter up. She will always be a model to me. All that other stuff was garbage. ESPECIALLY the assistant to Tony. 
    Cool story. So are we moving the goalposts now? Is Insomniac virtue signaling and changing the lore of MJ to fit an agenda, or are they pulling inspiration from the comics? Which is it? 
    edited April 2018
    They're virtue signalling and changing lore. Their push for making MJ the way she is in game wasnt "to reflect where the comic is currently", it was "to give her more agency". 
    changing lore
    ... Except we just established that MJ has been a journalist in the comics before. The fact that you dislike it is irrelevant. The lore is there. 
    changing lore
    ... Except we just established that MJ has been a journalist in the comics before. The fact that you dislike it is irrelevant. The lore is there. 
    Only in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, which this game is not based on. 
    changing lore
    And the Ultimate Comics universe. Try again. 
    changing lore
    Which this still isn't based on. 
    edited April 2018
    changing lore
    What is the game based on? Which universe? Which specific runs? 
    Regardless of the way she's being portrayed its stupid she's playable. Again, I dont wanna be sneaking around in a stealth mission or walking around investigating for a newspaper in a Spider-Man game. I wanna be swinging on buildings and beating people up. 

But gotta have those walking and stealth segments or games journos wont like us. Gotta seem like we're a mature and adult game. Can't have Peter and MJ in a happy relationship, thats not "deep and meaningful" enough for gamers these days.

Fuck off. 
    changing lore
    It seemed like Spider-Men, which is the mainline universe. But if they're not following a specific run, it makes your case even worse because they AREN'T MAKING DECISIONS TO ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH THE COMICS. And therefore, yea, MJ's changes were SPECIFICALLY to virtue signal. 
    So basically what you are saying is you have no source and have no idea what the game is based on. But somehow you know its for sure not the ultimate universe. Got it. 
    Its not the Ultimate Universe. :|
    Miles has been confirmed playable. He doesnt show up until Peter is dead. Gwen is not in it. Gwen is stays alive  in the Ultimate universe. It isn't Ultimate. 
    I'm not buying it regardless. I'm checking out of this convo and going to bed. 
    changing lore
    It seemed like Spider-Men, which is the mainline universe. But if they're not following a specific run, it makes your case even worse because they AREN'T MAKING DECISIONS TO ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH THE COMICS. And therefore, yea, MJ's changes were SPECIFICALLY to virtue signal. 
    Are you dense? You said they were CHANGING MARY JANE'S LORE which is a flat out lie. You're talking out of your ass. The precedent is there for MJ to be a journalist. End of story.

Of course its not going to match up with the comics, what would be the point of making a game? Did the Batman Arkham series follow the comics to a T 100%? No they created their own story and took some liberties with the characters. 

But before I do:
    Octopath Traveler looks amazing

I have it pre ordered. Looks dope will be dope