Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Hollow Knight - almost done
    Yooka-Laylee - like 6 hours in
    Zelda - like 6 hours in
    Giga Wrecker - just started
    Shovel Knight: Spectre of Torment - comes out friday
    Horizon - have but havent started yet
    Nier - still need to get

Guardians of the Galaxy, Walking Dead season 3, Agony, Disney Classics Collection, Outlast 2, PS4 Spider-Man - all coming out and need to pick up. 

Too good a year for games man.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    mrAPE said:
    Mission 6 or whatever it is when you have the ability to jump time. That was one of if not the coolest missions in any game I've played the last ten years 
    I was only on mission 4 when you said this. I beat the game today and this is mission 5. I agree, some of the most brilliant level design I ever seen, especially as far as FPS's go. The entire game's strongest point is it's design and the time travel, "IKEA" house building factory, and airship levels were all major standouts. This might be my favorite straight up FPS I've played because of it. BioShock gets that crown but I feel like that's in a lil different lane. A lot of people complained about a 5-6 hour campaign but beating it on Master definitely made it feel like a fuller campaign.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don't think I've played anything new this year. I'm looking forward to Insomniac's Spider-Man. Probably my most hyped. I want to grab that remastered Kingdom Hearts collection for PS4 but that's not really "new." Other than that, nothing really steps out as a must play for me. Horizen Zero Dawn looks cool but my faith in the modern gaming industry has been torn to pieces so I wait to see if I'm gonna need to shell out a million dollars in DLC before I buy anything. I'll cop the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy but again not really a "new" game. Battlefront II looks fantastic but I'm waiting to see how EA is gonna fuck that up first. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Dime get Persona 5
    Is that a random number tagged on at the end or are there actually 4 predecessors? Lol 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    Is that a random number tagged on at the end or are there actually 4 predecessors? Lol 
    There are a lot more than 5 in that series
    Yeah I've never even heard of the series
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Dime said:
    Its the 5th of the main series, yes. From my understanding each game is a standalone story though. Its my first Persona game and i've had no confusion about the story. 

You know in Inception, they try and implant an idea in that guy's head through his dreams? Imagine that, but with trying to change a person's "heart" instead. It has a battle system and collection aspect similar to the Pokemon/Digimon games plus some life sim elements. All the cutscenes are goegeous anime looking and the music is goooooood. Probably my only GOTY contender that can hold up against Zelda. Watch some youtube vids and check it out. Its damn good.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    yeah when i cop a ps4 after this this next vacation im finna try it out. 
    whats the next release yall are looking forward too?
    right now im probably looking forward to Steel Division: Normandy 44 the most.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Mario Kart in 8 days 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Well the new Shovel Knight tomorrow is what Im most looking forward to lol. 

Other than that, probably Agony...
    Rutabaga said:
    Dime said:
    Dime said:
    Its the 5th of the main series, yes. From my understanding each game is a standalone story though. Its my first Persona game and i've had no confusion about the story. 

You know in Inception, they try and implant an idea in that guy's head through his dreams? Imagine that, but with trying to change a person's "heart" instead. It has a battle system and collection aspect similar to the Pokemon/Digimon games plus some life sim elements. All the cutscenes are goegeous anime looking and the music is goooooood. Probably my only GOTY contender that can hold up against Zelda. Watch some youtube vids and check it out. Its damn good.
     That sounds pretty bad ass  actually. I'll look into it. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    mrAPE said:
    Mario Kart in 8 days 

Pass the god damn butter.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod

Rex prolly has a woody

nah more like a 0
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    If they do it like waw then I'll be hype. We shall see though.