Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    edited December 2016
    The shield only shoots in a straight line. Its easily avoidable, easy to get behind, and breaks when touched. Fuck it. McCree or Tracer side step, and youre dead. Rein stands in front of it, you arent going anywhere. I cant see realistic use for it in a comp match. 

And the shield generator is limited to the use of the ult, as opposed to just something you can pull out in the fly. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    https://youtu.be/P00w6VfeOAw

Go to 8:00 minutes into the video and watch that fight. Symmetra is a close range hero. She comes across a Mcree close range and throws her shield. The shield is so wide you cant just "side step" it. It also blocked Mcree's stun. It gave enough protection for the Symmetra to dive in, get her lazer attached, and get the kill.

And sure you have to wait for the ult to charge for the shield generator, but its much better than having to constantly babysit your teammates and check if they have shields applied. Especially since its a measly 25 shields.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Im convinced MC just doesnt really know how to use any heros. This is why he sucks 
    NEWGOD said:
    https://youtu.be/P00w6VfeOAw

Go to 8:00 minutes into the video and watch that fight. Symmetra is a close range hero. She comes across a Mcree close range and throws her shield. The shield is so wide you cant just "side step" it. It also blocked Mcree's stun. It gave enough protection for the Symmetra to dive in, get her lazer attached, and get the kill.

And sure you have to wait for the ult to charge for the shield generator, but its much better than having to constantly babysit your teammates and check if they have shields applied. Especially since its a measly 25 shields.
    Yea that McCree sucked. He had plenty of time to wait to stun, or sidestep and unleash a 6 shot and kill Sym. 

I just dont think the changes made her good enough, and shes still going to be utterly usless against a competent team. 
    Im convinced MC just doesnt really know how to use any heros. This is why he sucks 
    The only thing I will admit I suck at is I have horrible aiming accuracy. I know how heros work, and work together, and how to strategize. Its simpler than Dota and I understood that. 
    Soldier 76 is def my new jam doe. Was raking with him last night. Im learning the maps and figuring out how to flank. Its all starting to click. 

If i keep going up like i have been and keep playing every day i should be gold tier in no time. 
    MC is a homie but the second he started talking about how Symmetra on attack is good i couldnt take his Overwatch opinion seriously anymore =))

Attack Symmetra is a fucking meme because of how useless it is. Along with instalock Hanzo and battle Mercy. 

And he wonders why people get mad when he picks Symmetra =))
    I dont pick Sym outside of 3v3 anymore. Only reason I liked her on attack was the telporter made it easy to push attack points (obviously capture point missions, not payloads). 

Battle Mercy can fuck themselves though. I played a match with a Mercy and a Lucio, both went offensive, neither healed once, and then they flamed the rest of us for losing. 
    My friend was playing a match where someone picked Mercy, and said "I dont heal", so everyone flamed him. And then he had the audacity to bitch that "nobody was healing him". You mother fucker YOU are the healer.
    How does a Lucio not heal? You dont even have to do anything =))
    NEWGOD said:
    How does a Lucio not heal? You dont even have to do anything =))
    He just used his speed boost and shot people the whole time. Wasnt even a map he could push people off 
    PC comp is cancer
    Ps4 is pretty decent. Lots of people with mics which is surprising because sony consoles are known for lack of mic players.

I'd say the biggest problem on ps4 is lack of game sense sometimes. Im overtime people not stepping on the point. Shit like that.

or like i was talking about last night. I killed 5 of them as Genji and died, and my 5 teammates were preoccupied with the last remaining enemy (a junkrat) off the point :| I was like you seriously dont see 5 deaths in the killfeed?
    Yeah orginization makes it tought but xbox doesnt seem to be cancer. The stay with teammates feature should help a lot. 
    There's a lot of the lack of game sense/common sense on PC. And not a lot of people use mics. I dont even use my mic. And the people who do use mics are usually irate flaming assholes. 

A lot of people dont follow the meta too, everyone wants to play attack, hanzo, and junkrat. 
    See on xbox from my limitited timen on it people seem to switch to healer or tank if we dont hve one. 
    Thats another thing, nobody on PC switches. Like if your pick isnt working, switch. Nope, just gonna suffer the whole way through. 

Thats the moba mindset though, where you CANT switch in like Smite, or Dota, or LoL, so Im sure it doesnt occur to a lot of people that that is a strategic option. 
    Yeah console is pretty good at following the 2/2/2 meta.

have you guys started seeing the 3 tank meta at all yet? 
    I need to learn junkrat

Yea. Its rare though. But if you have 3 tank, 2 healers its easy to steam roll if people know what theyre doing. Never die