Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Underground 1>AW>Underground 2
    Battlefield 1 is fucking dope. BF4 was fun multiplayer sorta but the campaign was sooo shitty. the campaign in this seems like the best since bad company 2 and the multiplayer is fun as hell too.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    edited November 2016
    Underground 1 > Pro Skater 2 > Underground 2 > Pro Skater 1 and 3 > The rest
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I was just comparing undergrounds with american wasteland. if we're talking my actual favorites

Pro Skater 3>Underground>American Wasteland>Pro Skater 2>Underground 2>Pro Skater 4>proving ground

Never played the first
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Beat Gears 4 this morning and I walk away from it wit mixed opinions.

Gameplay wise, it's prolly the smoothest in the series period. Fun as fuck to play no matter what.

On the other hand, the story. I'm not HUGE on story as long as the game plays well and has good levels, but this was still very disappointing. It plays out damn near like DLC and the ending felt like the midway point. This makes sense because SPOILERS:

The game sets up the return of the Locust, which means it'll pick up wit 5 & 6 and fit better as part of the arc. Halo 4 was like this as well but then got much better once I played 5. Still tho. Very "by the motions" story.

8/10
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Did not even realize Titanfall came out on PS4 as well. Now I'm debating on getting it 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Episode said:
    Beat Gears 4 this morning and I walk away from it wit mixed opinions.

Gameplay wise, it's prolly the smoothest in the series period. Fun as fuck to play no matter what.

On the other hand, the story. I'm not HUGE on story as long as the game plays well and has good levels, but this was still very disappointing. It plays out damn near like DLC and the ending felt like the midway point. This makes sense because SPOILERS:

The game sets up the return of the Locust, which means it'll pick up wit 5 & 6 and fit better as part of the arc. Halo 4 was like this as well but then got much better once I played 5. Still tho. Very "by the motions" story.

8/10
    Wow. Return of thr locust. What an original idea 

And Halo 5 was GARBAGE. Dont defend it.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well what the fuck else are they gonna do? It's already milkin the franchise. If they try somethin brand new and off the wall at this point it's gonna alienate people. Might as well stick wit tried and true.

And naw Halo 5 was dope. You jus hate anything that ain't retro or indie. Ala hipster.
    Halo 5 was short, and CODified. The multiplayer wasnt Halo, it was COD. The story was retarded. Barely playing as Chief. Locke was stupid. And turning Cortana into the villain? It was just dumb all the way around. 

And yea Gears 4 is milking, but they could commit to doing something new and different instead of just doing whats easy. Fuck thay noise. 
    Alright nerds.

i enjoy fast moving multiplayer games. If they have a good story that's a benefit to me as well. I want a new game. When I play these online multiplayer I tend to play the COD games because I can jump on play ten to 20 minutes and be done or player for hours if I'm available. I don't really want infinite warfare.

Im interest in 

Titanfall 2 - never played the original since it was on Xbox only but it has always interested me

Battlefield 1 - played one years and years ago got bored quickly. I've always been horrible with a sniper and I was destroying to the point I was no longer interested. No idea why almost feel like it was an odd circumstance.

overwatch - I know nothing about this game except
    made by blizzard 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I meant to put on there help me pick which I get. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Titanfall 2. Good single player and really good multiplayer. Multiplayer is as fast as you can get for a FPS. 
    edited November 2016
    Overwatch. Best shooter besides DOOM that came out this year. Tied with Toxikk depending on what you're looking for. But Overwatch changed the game for multiplayer shooters. It surpassed my expectations. And it has the longest shelf life. The new CoD/BF will only last until the next one. Titanfall doesnt have a sustainable fanbase. And Blizzard is continually supplying Overwatch with free updates, and insane esports support so it'll last years like LoL and Dota 2 are. 

So Overwatch. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I wanna say overwatch because its my favorite game of the past few years, and easily the best shooter in a long time. But Titanfall is probably more your style
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    NEWGOD said:
    I wanna say overwatch because its my favorite game of the past few years, and easily the best shooter in a long time. But Titanfall is probably more your style
    Why I picked Titanfall. More of his style since he like COD and the fast style run and gun. 
    I honestly don't think I have every played a Blizzard game 
    mrAPE said:
    You wouldnt like anything else they've ever put out, I dont think.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:
    You should change that. One of the most conistent developers of the last 2 decades
    NEWGOD said:
    mrAPE said:
    You should change that. One of the most conistent developers of the last 2 decades
    But does Ape RTS/RPG?
    Fuck Blizzard for saying "old Warcraft games arent fun anymore" though. Warcraft 3 is their best game ever, and is the best RTS ever, and in my top 5 of all games ever, so they can suck the sack.