Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Now that Im looking thats a NEW Mario Kart on the Switch. You can tell it isnt just MK8 because a Boo is driving a Kart, and Boo wasnt a driver in MK8. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    New Red Dead looks gorgeous but not much else. Is it confirmed to be a prequel? Because I would fucking love that. The story of John's gang was always something I wanted to see 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    New Red Dead looks gorgeous but not much else. Is it confirmed to be a prequel? Because I would fucking love that. The story of John's gang was always something I wanted to see 
    well... yeah. it's a teaser. it's designed to tease
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,610 spicy boy
    Red dead online gonna be too amazing. I'm hype with that and sea of thieves. Cowboys and pirates are 2 of my favorites. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Rex was talking about how dumb it was for Nintendo to do their announcement the same day as Red dead trailer. I saw red dead mentioned once on facebook and then here. Coworkers and most of my facebook were talking about Nintendo Switch. Good theory Rex! 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I mean i did expect more buzz from the red dead video but it was a dick tease. That was mostly just to rile the Nintendo fan boys feathers. Im looking at you Lolhemier
    But like MC said Nintendo needs to release more details before there is gonna be a lot of buzz about it. I had one person talk to me about the switch yesterday. I will admit though for the right price is be interested. I thought about getting a wii u but ultimately decided against it. 
    lmao thats awesome
    edited October 2016
    i can def admit i was wrong on that one though. I always expect too much from rockstar smh
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Xenocide said:
    Dime said:
    well... yeah. it's a teaser. it's designed to tease
     I am aware of this lol 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm like 70% on buying the switch just for Zelda alone. 
    Someone seems bitter
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Man Nintendo is fuckin lame. Can they make a single console without the reliance on a gimmick? This is why they been out the console war for a long long time. At this point it's only for lil kids and "family gaming". 

I wonder about Xbox's future as well. No gimmicks but in a sense the XB1 was a complete flop. They got massacred by Sony and PS4 won this generation by a landslide. Project Scorpio ain't gonna save them either because it's rumored it will be $800-$1,000 meaning only hardcore gamers will have any interest in it. Plus wit the PS4 Pro gettin a year long head start, they took yet another L. Their exclusives don't have anywhere near the pull anymore either like they used to back in Halo and Gears' glory days. They have nothin anymore but Halo, Gears, and Forza. Even Rise Of The Tomb Raider was only a timed exclusive. Then you look at Sony wit a monster roster of Uncharted, TLOU, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Insomniac Spider-Man, Until Dawn, inFAMOUS, etc. 

And I ain't even a Microsoft hater or Sony fanboy. Obviously I jus copped XB1S like last month. I always preferred PlayStation but I've also owned both ever since the first Xbox and PS2. In the case of the XB1S, I still give enough of a shit bout Halo and Gears, certain games definitely do play better wit the Xbox controller, specifically shooters, and plus I got a stupid good deal on it and couldn't pass it up. But I jus always liked havin the option regardless, even though the PlayStation has always gotten way more love every generation.

But it's very clear that this generation of consoles became PS4 vs. PC pretty much. XB1 has sold 10 million units, but that's literally only a 3rd of PS4's sales.

Makes me wonder if the next generation of consoles will even include a new Xbox. Or if it'll possibly be the last Xbox if there is one. I feel like we're moving towards 1 universal console and then of course PCs. And right now Sony is the torchbearer if that happens.
    Nintendo can never compete in a normal console war, they don't need to they have their own thing and that's fine it's geared more towards kids and families. Chill and enjoy your other systems 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    mrAPE said:
    Someone seems bitter
    Aww can't laugh? I was laughing at the trailer itself more than the actual product. Trailers where they make it look like we're all trendy hipsters living in LA or NYC
    image Photobucket
    Yeah I'm not fully on board with the Nintendo but it's nice having something with different options. What do we need...a third console for a shit watch dogs game to drop on? Sick bro 
    I just didn't think it was funny chuck and the post came off as bitter that they made. 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies