Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I forgot lol. At least it's not Calculus for now...I will die that day <_>
    You're going to need that calc for CE. At least I needed it for CS.

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Not anymore my ass. The only reason Denard stayed in the first place was because no one will take him in the NFL. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Riiiiiiiight. And a spread team like Auburn couldn't have used him? GTFO.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited January 2011
    Auburn don't want him. They are getting an ass load of peeps after their title win. Denard will be a faded memory. watch >: O
    Yeah, watch Auburn fall off the map next year without a good QB. <_>
    AUSTIN, Texas -- ESPN and the University of Texas will combine on a 24-hour television network showing Longhorns sports as well as original series, studio shows, historical programming and other academic and cultural events.

There also will be an online component to the network offering content not featured on the linear TV feed.

ESPN will help develop, launch and operate the network, according to a news release. The deal is worth $300 million over 20 years. The network will launch in September.

Included in the coverage will be at least one exclusive football game, eight men's basketball games, women's basketball coverage of games not televised elsewhere, and Olympic sports coverage. There will also be pregame and postgame shows for football and basketball games, coaches' shows for every sport Texas sponsors and other daily programming.

In addition, there will be university news, coverage of lectures and visiting speakers along with commencement ceremonies, and even high school coverage on an authenticated online/broadband site.

"This is an extremely exciting new venture for our university," University of Texas president William Powers said in a statement. "With our partners, we are now able to increase the exposure of our outstanding athletics programs and our first-class academic and cultural communities. This agreement provides significant new resources to enhance faculty and academic support."

"This network is a testament to the school's remarkable, tradition-rich success and widespread, devoted fan base," ESPN president George Bodenheimer said in a statement.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    AUSTIN, Texas -- ESPN and the University of Texas will combine on a 24-hour television network showing Longhorns sports as well as original series, studio shows, historical programming and other academic and cultural events.

There also will be an online component to the network offering content not featured on the linear TV feed.

ESPN will help develop, launch and operate the network, according to a news release. The deal is worth $300 million over 20 years. The network will launch in September.

Included in the coverage will be at least one exclusive football game, eight men's basketball games, women's basketball coverage of games not televised elsewhere, and Olympic sports coverage. There will also be pregame and postgame shows for football and basketball games, coaches' shows for every sport Texas sponsors and other daily programming.

In addition, there will be university news, coverage of lectures and visiting speakers along with commencement ceremonies, and even high school coverage on an authenticated online/broadband site.

"This is an extremely exciting new venture for our university," University of Texas president William Powers said in a statement. "With our partners, we are now able to increase the exposure of our outstanding athletics programs and our first-class academic and cultural communities. This agreement provides significant new resources to enhance faculty and academic support."

"This network is a testament to the school's remarkable, tradition-rich success and widespread, devoted fan base," ESPN president George Bodenheimer said in a statement.

FUCK YEAH
    bitch you gotta be kidding me!! haha
    lmao this is bullshit!! I knew about this this morning but my phone wasn't letting me use the internet in my class so I just waited til I got back to the apartment.
    Knew about that a day in advance. Yall both lose, but J actually wins haha.
    haha I wish it said like what seconds the posts were cause I bet we were less than 20 seconds apart.
    edited January 2011
    I have known about this for MONTHS but the university was having contract negotiations because ESPN wasn't paying enough.

SO I WIN
    I knew it yesterday too, but this is the first time there was a formal announcement.
    I have known about this for MONTHS but the university was having contract negotiations because ESPN wasn't paying enough.

SO I WIN
    LOL! Everyone knew this for months. We even talked about it in here. Fail you bring.
    I knew it yesterday too, but this is the first time there was a formal announcement.
    troof :3
    Yeah it's no secret that Texas is a huge cash cow. They're a big reason why the Big 12 can afford to lose 2 of their teams and still keep going.
    I WIN mo fawker
    Yeah it's no secret that Texas is a huge cash cow. They're a big reason why the Big 12 can afford to lose 2 of their teams and still keep going.
    \m/
    Bump and updated to 2011

The NCAA has charged Boise State with a lack of institutional control following an alleged major violation in women's tennis and secondary violations in four sports, including football.

The school released its official response to the allegations Monday evening and will go before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions June 10. A final report and penalties will be issued several months after that meeting.

"We are deeply committed to following all NCAA rules and to ensuring that our athletic department works diligently so that our procedures reflect the highest standard," Boise State president Bob Kustra said in a statement. "I am disappointed that we face these allegations. It is unacceptable, and the athletic department staff understand and agree with my position."

The university has made fixes, done its own internal investigation and hired a new compliance officer, Kustra said.

The secondary violations in football involved impermissible housing, transportation and/or meals to prospective student-athletes from 2005 to 2009.

In all, the NCAA found the total value of impermissible benefits through five years was $4,934 for all of the housing, transportation and meals provided to 63 incoming student-athletes. All services ranged from $2.34 to a maximum of $417.55 and have been reimbursed by the student-athletes.

"We pride ourselves on doing things the right way at Boise State. As soon as we became aware that these inadvertent infractions were not in accordance with NCAA rules, we acted swiftly and without hesitation," football coach Chris Petersen said in a statement released by the school.

"The university, our staff and the involved student-athletes worked together with the NCAA to resolve the situation, including reimbursement of the benefits received, and that money was donated to a local charity," Petersen said.

Boise State began its investigation into potential violations in 2009. The school and NCAA agreed to penalties a year later for the sports that broke the rules: football, men's and women's tennis, and men's and women's track and field.

But later that year, Boise State self-reported a major violation in women's tennis, in which one tennis player was allowed to compete before being officially enrolled.

That led the NCAA to take the secondary violations and major violation and lump them into one case, slapping the more serious "lack of institutional control" charge on top of the existing violations.

"Complying with NCAA rules is fundamental to who we are and how we do things at Boise State," athletic director Gene Bleymaier said in a statement. "We have addressed the issues and are working with the NCAA to bring this to a close."
    No school is safe, it seems. :P