Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Guy above me is bitter than the shitty Wolverines lost to State. :D

• MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Doesn't matter, because at the end of the day MSU will always be better than the Wolverines and Longhorns.
    :-))

State still can't compare to two of the most successful programs in college football. Even with State's best season, they couldn't make the Rose Bowl, a game we've made many, many times.
    What happened the last 2 times y'all made it? hahaha
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Guy above me is bitter than the shitty Wolverines lost to State. :D
    Not as bitter as you'll be when State is left out of a BCS bowl tonight. :)
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Don't care, State is still better than Michigan. That's all that matters.

You should care, since this is their best season in decades and they don't even sniff the title game. We'll be back. :)
    Michigan won't be good for at least 4 years. State keeps getting better, so I'm not worried at all. I'm glad the Spartans have the best sports teams right now. :D

ITT: A Wolverine's fan who can't accept reality

edited December 2010
    I do accept reality. State is better right now. I shall now stop feeding the troll.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I don't even get the point of Ed's trolling. How it entertains him, I have no clue.
    image Photobucket
    Looks like we're going to the Gator Bowl.
    I love how when I say something that's real and not trolling; I get called a troll. You people are fucking stupid.

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Doesn't matter, because at the end of the day MSU will always be better than the Wolverines and Longhorns.

State still can't compare to two of the most successful programs in college football. Even with State's best season, they couldn't make the Rose Bowl, a game we've made many, many times.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2010
    1. Auburn (1)
    2. Oregon (2)
    3. TCU (3) 3rd
    4. Stanford (4)
    5. Wisconsin (5)
    6. Ohio State (6
    7. Oklahoma (9)
    8. Arkansas (7)
    9. Mich. State (8)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    10. LSU (10)
    11. Boise St. (11)
    12. Missouri (12)
    13. Va. Tech (15)
    14. Okla. St. (14)

#9 Ed. LAWL!
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    michigan has some more exciting play makers coming in....and even tho when i was emotional i wanted him fired....i am 50/50...i want him to coach but i wouldn't care if they fired him...after that stupid speech he gave i think he has to win the bowl game tho
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    SMU vs. Army in the Armed Forces Bowl I'm going to. Should be fun...
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    A friend I went to school with is a QB for Army, so I semi cheer for them
    imageimage
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    It is official :D

Make it official.

After a week of speculation and reports, The University of Texas athletic department announced on Monday that Greg Davis has resigned from his position as the Texas offensive coordinator.

Davis leaves the program after 13 years with the Longhorns. Over the years, Davis' offense featured two Davey O'Brien winners in Vince Young and Colt McCoy, two Heisman runner-ups in Vince Young and Colt McCoy, and one Heisman winner in Ricky Williams. Davis also helped the Longhorns win the 2005 National Championship, reach the 2009 National Championship game, and was at Texas for the nine consecutive 10+ win seasons.

However, a disappointing 2010 performance overshadowed his past success. Davis' offense sunk to 59th in total offense and 87th in scoring. Texas failed to become bowl-eligible for the first time since 1997 finishing with a 5-7 record.

The resignations are not effective until August 31st, but coach Brown said he will begin searching for their replacements immediately. Brown doesn't plan to name any new coaches until after the completion of bowl season.

Early speculation for Davis' replacement include Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin, Texas running backs coach Major Applewhite, Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen, Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, UCLA offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Tulsa offensive coordinator Chad Morris, and former Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster.

Malzahn is the long shot candidate since he coaches for a team playing in the National Championship game, and can't be reached by Texas until after the game on January 10th.

Morris coached current Texas quarterback Garrett Gilbert during his days at Lake Travis High School.

Brewster started his career under Mack Brown at North Carolina and followed Brown to Texas following the 1997 season. Brewster worked as the tight ends coach from 1998-2001, and also served as a recruiter for Texas. He is most known for bringing Vince Young to Austin. Brewster's son, Nolan, currently plays Safety for the Longhorns.
    1. Auburn (1)
    2. Oregon (2)
    3. TCU (3) 3rd
    4. Stanford (4)
    5. Wisconsin (5)
    6. Ohio State (6
    7. Oklahoma (9)
    8. Arkansas (7)
    9. Mich. State (8)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    10. LSU (10)
    11. Boise St. (11)