Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Those are the worst ones jay. Those are the reason I hate Ohio state sO much. They could have lost two or three games and it get placed in one of those because they are probably the most watched team in the country. It's all money grubbing bullshit. Figure out a way to make an actual playoff system and maybe I'll start caring about college football
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited October 2012
    Most of the time I do believe they get the champion right, and with a 4-team playoff, I think the exceptions will be all but eliminated. It's only a matter of time before the playoff expands to more than 4 too.

I love bowls because they match up teams that wouldn't play each other otherwise. Sometimes they're mismatches, but there's a handful of games every year that are awesome. I understand the bowl selection process may not always be fair, but money drives every sport. I'd say the only really puzzling selection last year was picking Virginia Tech for the Sugar Bowl after they got their asses thumped by Clemson, but it turned out to be a great game.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I don't give a fuck about great game is the team shouldn't have been there to begin with. Figure out a way to make a 16 team playoff then perhaps we have something worth watching
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    College is a joke you're just too blind to see it
    lilpartypoopergingerApez [-(
    The Big 12's coordinator of officials "apologized profusely" to Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy for his official's botched call at the end of the Cowboys' 41-36 loss to Texas, according to a report in The Oklahoman.

Walt Anderson told Gundy that head linesman Brad Edwards signaled a touchdown too soon without a proper view of the ball on the play that put the Longhorns ahead, according to the report. Texas running back Joe Bergeron fumbled, and the question was whether it happened before he crossed the goal line.

Edwards was on the Texas side of the goal line and sprinted into the pile to signal that Bergeron had scored. Replay officials reviewed the play and confirmed the call, despite Oklahoma State safety Daytawion Lowe reaching into the pile and recovering the fumble.

A Big 12 source told the paper that the replay decision was correct, however, because there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the play. As Edwards signaled for a touchdown, Lowe argued with umpire Scott Teifer while holding the football.

An officiating source told the paper that once the ball gets lost in the pile, clear recovery goes away. To earn possession, Oklahoma State would have had to demonstrate clear recovery.
    Georgia wide receiver Michael Bennett is out for the season after tearing the ACL in his right knee during Tuesday's practice.

Bennett leads the fifth-ranked Bulldogs with 24 catches for 345 yards and four touchdowns. The sophomore from Alpharetta, Ga., will undergo reconstructive knee surgery at an undetermined date, Georgia director of sports medicine Ron Courson said Wednesday in a university news release.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

Georgia wide receiver Michael Bennett is out for the season after tearing the ACL in his right knee during Tuesday's practice.

Bennett leads the fifth-ranked Bulldogs with 24 catches for 345 yards and four touchdowns. The sophomore from Alpharetta, Ga., will undergo reconstructive knee surgery at an undetermined date, Georgia director of sports medicine Ron Courson said Wednesday in a university news release.

this suuuuucks. at least we have malcolm mitchell there to pick up the slack
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    so that Utah and USC game last night was almost a good game lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    yooz late to the party
    what a dumb fuck
    Two really big games today.

Georgia at South Carolina
    West Virginia at Texas

Going to be really great games.
    Go SC
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    also

Florida-LSU
    Nebraska-Ohio State ( if there is such thing as a big game in the big ten this year)
    this is the second biggest game of the year for georgia. i can't wait for tonight
    Down goes LSU...
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    satan may be offing himself tonight......so much for it being the second biggest game of the year
    every fuckin' year...