Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    It still makes me sad. He fucked up, but he's not a bad man by any means and hopefully someday he will be remembered for the good things he did for that school. The scandal was a complete institutional failure, not just his, though he bears a good amount of responsibility.
    Amen
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited January 2012
    my biggest problem isnt so much his failure to report the incident properly but more how he never truly apologized for it in a genuine manner...i have no problem when people, especially people who i know prob have a good heart, make mistakes in life but you need at least to responsibly own up to it..especially if your on your death bed..
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    @rex Right because a 76 year old who's like 5'5 and can barley walk is going to go beat the fuck out of someone. You should be pissed at the dude who SAW the whole thing and didn't do anything about it. Don't be a fucking idiot.

your a fucking idiot....he should have went to the police....he let this go on rather then stopping it when he had the power to...no sympathy here
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    We get it Rex, now please, good "ridden's" to you.
    my biggest problem isnt so much his failure to report the incident properly but more how he never truly apologized for it in a genuine manner...i have no problem when people, especially people who i know prob have a good heart, make mistakes in life but you need at least to responsibly own up to it..especially if your on your death bed..

i can understand this...and it is probably part of the reason why i can't really have compassion for him....but the fact that it was child molestation case....this will effect the lives of the (former now there adults) children for the rest of there lives...it will be something they think about every day...the fact that when he could have stopped that and didn't just makes me very angry inside
    We get it Rex, now please, good "ridden's" to you.

i can post where and when i want to thank you very much....ape posts negative shit in my tool thread all the time...i really could care less...but i don't complain about it cause this is the internet..(its also funny to me) and there is now law about what you can post and where you can post it
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited January 2012
    He clearly felt remorse for it and said he wished he did more. There's no doubt that he cared about the kids he worked with.
    Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    yeah when Micheal Jackson died everyone forgot he was a child molester as well....eventually people will forget....now he wasn't a child molester...but he in no doubt contributed to it...and it should never be forgotten and always brought up when Joe pa is under discussion
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    dont WISH you did more...DO more when shit like that happens
    imageimage
    edited January 2012
    Every person with power in that University, especially Joe Pa's superiors, shares responsibility for what happened. I don't feel that Joe Pa taking the fall for the incompetence of the university is fair at all.
    Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    jay he did not give a good enough apology imo for what he did, it was all saving his own ass type stuff... if he genuinely apologized from his heart i would be alot more sympathetic... not go pennstate football!!! and oh yea pray for the victims as well blah blah blah
    zero fucks that he died
    imageimage
    edited January 2012
    He was wrong and didn't do enough, but neither did anyone else in that university or athletic department. He was not the only one who knew, and if any of them had gone to the police, this would have been snuffed out over a decade ago. They're all equally accountable. No, the way his tenure at Penn State should not be ignored, but neither should the half-century of good he did. He deserves respect.
    shit like that voids any good you could have possibly done if your life
    imageimage
    shit like that voids any good you could have possibly done if your life

yup
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ive been a penn St fan since I was 8 years old and I don't care that he died. The moral responsibility that he ignored > his football legacy
    edited January 2012
    "The moral responsibility that he ignored > his football legacy"

True. The whole thing is just sad.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    edited January 2012
    This guy is not a hero nor should he be celebrated same goes for anybody else high ranking in and around that school.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!