Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Talk about robbery...

HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited August 2010 in Off Topic
I just bought a 24 case of water from ALDI. for those who don't know, ALDI is a grocery store that sells generic shit for cheaper, like sav-a-lot and shit like that. but anyway, i bought the case for $2.49. when i opened it and took out a bottle of water, it was the same bullshit water they charged me $5 dollars for a single water at ozzfest, its called PurAqua. wtf man, i coulda bought 48 bottles of water for the price of 1 bottle at ozzfest. anyone got any similar bs being ripped off stories...

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Don't you have to buy bags at ALDI? And pay to use the carts?
    image Photobucket
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    $4 at Bristow for Aquafina.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    bags are 10cents but you can bring your own, and you put a quarter in to get a cart, but you get it back when you return it, i guess thats their way of keeping the parking lot clean of carts everywhere.
    and they take the fucking caps so you cant refill it in the waterfountain, they say its cause people fling them, dont they fling the bottles too? bullshit!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Well well, I didn't know this. Everyone made it sound like they were Nazi's hiding behind smiles. There's one right down the road.
    image Photobucket
    if i spend $100 bucks on groceries at acme or shoprite, i can get the same shit at aldi for like $40 bucks, just not brand name.
    tastes the same.......
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Now THAT'S a steal.
    I love winning with women
    and they take the fucking caps so you cant refill it in the waterfountain, they say its cause people fling them, dont they fling the bottles too? bullshit!
    yeah same at every other venue too. you can refill the bottle you just can't easily shove it in a bag or pocket.

my solution: if you have a girl in your group, have her smuggle in caps in her bra or elsewhere.
    good shit, wish i woulda thought of that b4 mayhem and ozzfest, i could always put them in my shoe like some other shit i sneak in. but good to know for next year. at mayhem they barely searched me, i coulda had anything in my pocket, but at ozzfest they made me take off my hat, rann all my pockets, and went through my girls bag like she was a terrorist, they wouldnt event let her bring in a towel?
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    me and my friends just put them in our shoe
    yea, i didnt really plan for the bottle caps being taken away, this was the 1st year they started doing that shit around here, so i wasnt expecting it.
    they just take that shit so you buy more ridiculously expensive water, fuckin small ass hotdog was $5bucks, i coulda ate 3-4 of them, but couldnt afford it, i was hungry as shit all day.
    ahh I see. Well after they did it at the first Mayhem we started bringing caps in our socks. Although at the 1st Mayhem I asked one of the guys selling water if I could keep the cap on it and he was like yeah here but you didn't get it from me lol
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    And they wonder why ticket sales are down.... <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    ahh I see. Well after they did it at the first Mayhem we started bringing caps in our socks. Although at the 1st Mayhem I asked one of the guys selling water if I could keep the cap on it and he was like yeah here but you didn't get it from me lol
    i bought 3 waters and the dude told me he was gonna need the caps. how the fuck am i gonna carry 3 all the way back to the sidestage w/o caps. i just grabbed 2 and put them right in my pocket and he said it again, i just ignored him and paid him, then he said "uhh just dont let anyone see you with the caps." i gave him a $2 dollar tip for not acting like a bitch and causing a scene about it. the same thing happened later i bought 2 waters and the dude said he needed the caps, i started bitching and yelling hard, like wtf some of you take the caps, some of you dont? this is bullshit, ect. he fucking handed me the caps like he was handing me a shank in prison, looking all shook and scared and he tossed them like so quick, kinda like he dropped them by accident. those dudes must get in some serious trouble for giving out caps, lol
    i guess its because a bottle can be filled with water and closed with a cap and then thrown and hit someone in the head and get them injured haha, and their thinking is a full bottle without a cap some of the water would pour out on its way to hit someone? idk just my thinking
    edited August 2010
    i think they just want you to buy more water and not keep filling it up in the waterfountain or sink.i spent close to $50 on water at mayhem, i wasnt prepared for them to take the caps, and it was close to 100 degrees, sooooooo fucking hott, after hatebreed, i drank 3 bottles in a minute. either way, theyre out to robb you because they can, you cant buy food or drink anywhere else, so youre fucked, its the same at sporting events. im just glad i quit drinkin, cause beers are like $10 for a cup.i might have gotten my ozzfest tickets for me and my girl for $15 a piece, no surcharge, but i ended up spending over $100 for the day anyway just at the venue. but its worth it i guess, i always have a kickass time, just got to save up for a little while for these events.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah, and I can buy a cheeseburger value meal at mcdonals for like 4 bucks, yet it is still 10-12 at venues.

Thats how it works.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    yeah same at every other venue too. you can refill the bottle you just can't easily shove it in a bag or pocket.

my solution: if you have a girl in your group, have her smuggle in caps in her bra or elsewhere.

around here they take Lighters/caps..

i just stick them in my shoes as i walk in and i take em out afterwards...

i always have books of matches in my wallet incase they wanna search shoes..but they never do unless its at the Marquee Theater...which you canbring lighters in.
    edited August 2010
    damn they wont even let you bring in lighters to an outside show, they prolly sell a fucking book of matches for 5 bucks inside or some shit, they always try to steal your money. when i go to the flyers games, its $13 dollars to park, they could charge $1 and make a couple g's, it goes up a dollar every year so i wont be surprised if its $14 to park just to watch a hockey game this year. but what are you supposed to do, you have to park, and there's nowhere else unless you wanna walk 5 miles, so they ripp you off because they can.