Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

ARCH ENEMY AND EXODUS REVIEW

BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited January 2010 in Off Topic
Last night, I attended one of the best concerts I have ever been to. For me, Exodus stole the show.

Mutiny Within - Better than I expected, played well but singer's voice was weird sounding. His fake English accent was annoying too. He started off in an accent saying "We are from New Jersey" and at the end of the show he said "Thank you, we are Mutiny Within from New Jersey" without the accent...ghey

Arsis - Bad fuckin ass. As soon as they came out and started talking about Satan and whatnot, I knew this was going to rape our faces. They sounded great and immediately a vicious pit broke out. I met them after the show at the merch table and 3 of the four guys signed their new cd for me (the singer was doing other stuff, but I shook his hand so its cool) Their lead guitarist is funny as hell. The stupid House Of Blues fucks kept continuously yelling "COAT CHECK ON THE LEFT MERCH ON YOUR RIGHT" and he just started yelling and swearing at them. He was cool as hell.

Exodus - I had never heard of these guys, I'm pretty sure they are a Slipknot cover band...jk. In all seriousness, the best live band I have ever seen. Rob's vocals are insane, and his stage presence is immense. He sounds like a middle ground between Baloff and Zetro, and it was great to see him wearing a hockey jersey like Baloff used to. The sound was dead on, due to Gary's crushing guitar tone. At one point in their set, Rob was holding a beer for Gary to drink during a solo, and it wa a little hard to see from where I was standing but it looked like he was actually strumming or tapping for Gary too...either way it kicked ass. I didn't mosh much during the show due to the "exciting" fans Arch Enemy brings in. I did, however, do the Toxic Waltz, because I saw the pit open and just said fuck it. It was a life changing experience, but there was a fag who clearly didn't know what a circle pit is and was standing the opposite way of the circle pushing everyone away. Stupid cunt... Exodus actually closed with Shovel Headed Kill Machine, which would have been cool, but their timing was fucked lol. I understand because the vocals and guitars have COMPLETELY different timings during the verses, but it was almost impossible to tell what the song was before the chorus lol. Great fucking set, ESPECIALLY since they played War Is My Sheppard.

Arch Enemy - They were great. I was pretty tired from headbanging the whole time from Exodus, and to make matters worse, I was still sick from the day before, so it was a little hard to get through AE's set. After a while I was getting really tired, but that was not the band's fault at all. Angela sounded fucking sick, and the Amott brothers, as always, kicked ass. Mike's solos were beautiful, and his backing vocals were fucking insane. I felt like I was at a Carcass concert at those moments, because it sounded as if the almighty Bill Steer was upon us. Mike clearly picked up a thing or two during his time with the kings of grind.
nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

Comments