Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Vince Carter's bringing his talents to Dallas.
    Not sure how I feel about this...
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The CP3 trade has been tweaked and resubmitted to the league....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited December 2011
    Lakers pulled out, CP3 deal dead............for now.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    odom is going to dallas
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Kobe wants to kill some niggas right now. Never seen him this mad lol.
    A seemingly imminent Chris Paul trade has collapsed for the second time in five days.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers could not complete their proposed Paul trade because the Clippers ultimately decided the NBA's asking price for the All-Star guard was too high.

On Thursday, NBA commissioner David Stern vetoed a three-team trade agreement struck by the Hornets, Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets to send Paul to the Lakers.

At the NBA's direction, sources said, New Orleans was insisting upon the inclusion of both shooting guard Eric Gordon and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft choice in addition to former All-Star center Chris Kaman and prospects Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers found the demands "too steep," according to one source close to the process, even after Paul told the Clippers he would invoke the 2012-13 option in his contract as part of the trade, ensuring that L.A. would have him next to Blake Griffin for at least two seasons.

It was not immediately known if the Hornets and Clippers plan to keep discussing a deal for Paul or if the Clippers, like the Lakers before them, are so frustrated they're prepared to walk away.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If I was Chris Paul, I'd tank this season. The league owns the Hornets and they think it has more resell value if Paul is there. I'd be pretty offended if I was paul and my production numbers would go to an all time low. something like 10 Turn overs per game, 0 assists, 1-20 shooting. It's be epic. Tank your value and you sink any value the team might have.

I understand I've said the opposite of players under contract dispute.... However If I was Paul and I really wanted out of that team, the ownership should honor that request and trade for the most value you can get. They want to use him? Burn them.
    LOL at the Lakers.

The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal in principle with the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to acquire guard Chris Paul, according to sources close to the process.

The Clippers, sources said, will send guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets for Paul.
    Anyone want to do a fantasy basketball?
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Ok this might be dumb but I've been wondering this for a while... Will there be playoffs this year??
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Sweeet
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ok this might be dumb but I've been wondering this for a while... Will there be playoffs this year??
    No there isn't. Actually they don't even plan on keeping score in the games this year, because they don't want anyone to feel bad. At the end of the year there will be a trophy ceremony and every player in the league will each get a small trophy to take home.
    Peja officially retired today.
    No there isn't. Actually they don't even plan on keeping score in the games this year, because they don't want anyone to feel bad. At the end of the year there will be a trophy ceremony and every player in the league will each get a small trophy to take home.
    now that silly
    How about that NBA season so far!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    ya its sucked pretty bad....
    I don't know how anyone can get into the NBA. It's equally as exciting as the WNBA.
    edited January 2012
    i havent been this least excited over the nba in a long time, prolly since i started watching it 13 years ago