Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    g00d i hate jungle ball and theyre over paid too L-)

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    all major sports stars are overpaid..... but yeah i dont see how anyone could feel sorry for the nba players.....
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Theres really not a whole lot of fucks that I give for the NBA. I guess I jumped on the Bulls bandwagon a bit for the playoffs last year, but I could care less if there was ever an NBA again.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    all major sports stars are overpaid..... but yeah i dont see how anyone could feel sorry for the nba players.....
    obviously it depends on what you consider overpaid. I however I'd bet the average pay in the NBA is much higher then the average in either NFL, MLB, NHL, or even MLS
    I looked it up.

Average Player Salary in 2011 per sport is
    1. NFL - 1.9 Million
    2. MLB - 3.0 Million
    3. NBA - 5.2 MIllion

So the NBA has an average salary more then the NFL and MLB put together.
    edited November 2011
    Before I moved to NY, I worked with this kid who was a recent EE graduate. I suspect he might of been paid somewhere in the 60-70k range. Anyways he quit his job because the MLS Sounders drafted him in their expansion year. He said his pay with the sounders was 35k! Basically he took a 50% pay cut to play MLS. I thought that was pretty sweet that he got to play MLS
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i'm kinda glad the nba might not play this year
    I've very glad they arent. I've had a big beef with the NBA for a while now... And the 2002 rigged playoffs are only the start of my Beef. I'm still pissed about how Clay Bennett stole the sonics from Seattle. The way that whole thing went down pisses me off to no ends. And Stern was a big part in that fuck over.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've very glad they arent. I've had a big beef with the NBA for a while now... And the 2002 rigged playoffs are only the start of my Beef. I'm still pissed about how Clay Bennett stole the sonics from Seattle. The way that whole thing went down pisses me off to no ends. And Stern was a big part in that fuck over.
    You should be happy that that embarrasment of a franchise was take off of your hands.
    Nah, I'll never be happy about shady under the table deals to steal a franchise from a city. There is documented evidence that shows

Bennett - "Stern, I want to be an NBA owner of a team in Oklahoma"
    Stern - "okay. buy the sonics and make a ridiculous claim about a stadium and then when they dont meet your requirements move them"
    Bennett - "okay. will do."
    Bennett - buys team saying "I am going to keep the Sonics here! however I will need a new 700 million dollar arena paid by the tax payers or I cant make money here"

tax payers tell him to fuck off cause Key Arena is A-OKAY.

Bennett then moves the team to Oklahoma to have them play in a 70 million dollar arena. Fucking BULLSHIT.
    I looked it up.

Average Player Salary in 2011 per sport is
    1. NFL - 1.9 Million
    2. MLB - 3.0 Million
    3. NBA - 5.2 MIllion

So the NBA has an average salary more then the NFL and MLB put together.
    wow, i knew the nfl would be lower but i always thought baseball would be higher than the nba.....

you people who say to just get rid of the nba havent loved bball your whole lives...ya the league is pretty fucked up but i have loved the celtics my whole life and if they start a new league i dont see me supporting a new team like i would the celtics...so i understand peoples beefs with the league it just makes me kinda sad cuz the nba at one time was not a joke and a great league
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I'm not saying this is the only reason for the pay disparity but the NBA does have fewer players that it has to pay than those other sports.
    The thing is.... There are a dozen MB stars that are making 25 million a year, but the vast majority of the league is making league minimum or like 400k or maybe 2x that. Some teams have an entire team pay roll of 20 million where the yanks are like 200+ million. So it all averages out to around 3 million. In 2009 the MLB average salary was only 1.9 million.

For the NBA, each team only has 13 players and all their starters are making big bucks.... that is why the NBA average is so high.
    I'm not saying this is the only reason for the pay disparity but the NBA does have fewer players that it has to pay than those other sports.
    yes... exactly. this is a big reason for that.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

wow, i knew the nfl would be lower but i always thought baseball would be higher than the nba.....
    only having 11 players per team and almost no real minor league leaves a lot more money for individual players. what's fucked up is that the physical demands football players endure is far beyond either other sport combined, yet they make the least.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Idk why people are happy NBA will be gone. Guess you forgot your city takes a big hit money wise when NBA isn't there. Miami is going to lose 200 million and I know we are going to lose 90 million here. I understand you hate it but fuck. Sports bring a lot of money to cities.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    this just marks another year lebron can't win! iza happy
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Miami is going to lose 200 million
    \:D/
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    lets see Baseball went through the same thing lost estimated 1 million fans that neva came back um one of em could careless bout monea grubbin jewz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

there are way to many jews in the nba......