Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    With 20 mil in cap space and a lottery pick the pistons can improve a lot
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    This year is a 5 or 6 player draft and unless one of the teams above them is stupid the Pistons are going to miss out. I have no confidence in Joe D when it comes to spending money either. Iguodala and Josh Smith? :-&
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    If I ever meet Joe Dumars; I'd slap the fuck out of him.

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    for building the '04 championship team?
    edited June 2013
    detroitfagz are still spoiled

hawks haven't sniffed a conference final in 20 years and you guys are whining and crying because it's been 5 years since you made it >:/
    I agree...I like dumars...he's made mistakes but he's proved he can build a championship team
    SATAN said:

hawks haven't sniffed a conference final in 20 years and you guys are whining and crying because it's been 5 years since you made it >:/

It's not that, it's his complete mismanagement of the franchise since they won that championship that makes me sick. Cheeks is their fourth coach since 2008, and even the good coaches like Carlisle and Brown didn't stay very long. That's not a good reputation to have, and I'm sure some of the more qualified candidates out there didn't want the job because of it. The way he broke up the five starters on the '04 team was horribly wrong, and he's proven he can't get it right when he has a ton of money to spend. At least his draft record minus Darko is decent. But nowadays I think people have more hope for the Lions than the Pistons. They've become a franchise that's been spinning their wheels for three years, and apathy has set in among the fanbase. It makes me sad to see the Palace so empty on TV.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Flip Saunders was getting it somewhat done; why get rid of him for a nobody? Billups was getting it done; why the fuck would you get rid of him for a washed up nobody? Smh to this day I still don't understand that logic.

Probably should have kept Billups and got the rest out of there way fucking sooner. The way Rip left town was sad.

SATAN said:

It's not that, it's his complete mismanagement of the franchise since they won that championship that makes me sick. Cheeks is their fourth coach since 2008, and even the good coaches like Carlisle and Brown didn't stay very long. That's not a good reputation to have, and I'm sure some of the more qualified candidates out there didn't want the job because of it. The way he broke up the five starters on the '04 team was horribly wrong, and he's proven he can't get it right when he has a ton of money to spend. At least his draft record minus Darko is decent. But nowadays I think people have more hope for the Lions than the Pistons. They've become a franchise that's been spinning their wheels for three years, and apathy has set in among the fanbase. It makes me sad to see the Palace so empty on TV.
    meanwhile, in atlanta...

our gm drafted lottery swingmen 4 years in a row to the point where we had about $40 mil worth of them with no point guard or center. then his replacement signed joe johnson to a max contract and refused to trade josh smith even though it was apparent that he wasn't responding to coaching and was a locker room cancer. danny ferry has been able to somehow get out from under the no-show joe contract, but got hamstrung on smith because he only had no leverage due to only year left on his contract and the dumbass going on record saying he wanted max money.

you guys had someone that built a franchise that went to 5 straight conference finals and won a championship and ed wants to kick him in the face :((
    Last time I checked your team has had a winning record and has made the playoffs for how many straight seasons?...

SATAN said:

SATAN said:

meanwhile, in atlanta...

our gm drafted lottery swingmen 4 years in a row to the point where we had about $40 mil worth of them with no point guard or center. then his replacement signed joe johnson to a max contract and refused to trade josh smith even though it was apparent that he wasn't responding to coaching and was a locker room cancer. danny ferry has been able to somehow get out from under the no-show joe contract, but got hamstrung on smith because he only had no leverage due to only year left on his contract and the dumbass going on record saying he wanted max money.

you guys had someone that built a franchise that went to 5 straight conference finals and won a championship and ed wants to kick him in the face :((
    You got Ferry, you got Budenholzer, and you have money to go after Howard and Paul. Dumars deserves all the credit in the world for building the team back up, but he deserves just as much blame for breaking it down. They haven't been relevant in 4 years and don't look to be anytime soon. Just because we won a championship in the last 10 years doesn't mean we should have to accept the circus that has been created.
    I bet they are a playoff team next year
    TheShield said:

Last time I checked your team has had a winning record and has made the playoffs for how many straight seasons?...

doing absolutely nothing of merit with tons of talent playing out of position. and now back to rebuilding mode cuz i doubt very seriously we're even gonna sniff either paul or howard's jockstraps. you know how frustrating it is to live in a city like atlanta where half the nba lives, but doesn't wanna play???

I bet they are a playoff team next year

Means absolutely nothing in the East....plus we lose our first round pick in that case.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Man Detroit fans are even the WOAT in Basketball. Y'all won the most recent championship in our division, stfu.