Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Lebron James - "I don't flop. I've never been one of those guys."

1 week later: Fined for flopping

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    The sooner you learn not to follow sportscenter, espn, or "experts" the better off you'll be.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Lebron actually said he thinks flopping is part of the games stragety
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

Lebron actually said he thinks flopping is part of the games stragety

I mean, he's correct. I hate flopping, but it's definitely a strategy that can be used.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy fuck this is why I have absolutely 0 respect for the entire Miami team. Read what Battier had to say about it. 8-|

MIAMI – Indiana Pacers players say they have to protect themselves, especially their knees, when Miami Heat forward Shane Battier is in the game during the Eastern Conference finals.

Ahead of Thursday's pivotal Game 5 with the series tied 2-2, Pacers big men David West and Roy Hibbert said part of the Pacers' preparation for the Heat is to watch out for Battier attempting to take shots at their knees.

"I (learned) to always have my guard up and protect my knees," West said. "(Battier) has got this funny way of moving into your knees. We're very conscious of that. We talk about making sure we protect our knees."

Earlier in the series, Hibbert accused Battier of a dirty play when Battier kneed him in the midsection on a drive to the basket. Hibbert said he is wary of Battier when he's on the floor and again called Battier a "dirty player."

"I know what (Battier) brings to the game and it's worked for him in the past. He has to do whatever he has to do to make sure his team wins," Hibbert said. "I'm going to watch my knees, watch my groin. ... To tell you the truth, I don't care. I'm in there, I'm playing tough. He has to do what he has to do.

"Obviously I don't like it but it's a part of the game. I don't want to look back say I gave in to a dirty player."

Battier has declined to discuss the Pacers' opinion of his style of play during the series. An undersized power forward, Battier did say Thursday there's a challenge when guarding larger players like West and Hibbert in the post. At different times, Battier has also been accused of being a flopper.

"In a perfect world, we'd all love to be stoic, immovable forces where the force of very large men throwing themselves into you doesn't affect you," Battier said. "Yeah, that'd be great. But unfortunately, there's a thing called physics involved that seems to win out more often than not."

The Pacers stopped short of saying Battier was purposely trying to injure them.

"It's an irritant; when guys are bearing into your knees. I'm doubly conscious of it having an ACL (tear) a year and a half ago," West said. "I don't know (if it's an intent to injure), I just know the way he plays he's trying to make an impact any way he can."
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I cant blame the Heat. Theyre just getting ready for San Antonio :))
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Man I fucks wit Paul George heavy. Shooting Guard eh? Maybe a lil inter division trading takes place... :-?
    Haslem and LBJ show in the 3rd.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

photo 10189_10151622347816100_1907983603_n_zpsf8def87d.jpg

=))

also link please

• TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    Their arms are always flying in the air like "aww lawd jesus"!!! =))
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

Fucking nauseated.
    Called this one alright.
    Looks like things are falling into place for Dwight Howard and Chris Paul to land in Hotlanta this summer @-)
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I'll believe it when I see it, but :-bd
    It's perfect. CP3 is probably done in LA since the dumb fuck GM threw Paul under the bus and blaming him for Del Negro's firing. Howard really would love to play in his hometown and they have the money. Paul and Howard are good friends and want to play together.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Free agency has ruined sports
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Paul's coming to detroit
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Detroit haven't given anything more than 0 since they traded Billups.

NolaMetal said:

Free agency has ruined sports

It won you a championship in 08 <_>