Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    why on earth would you be upset about losing Nelson when getting CP3 in return? Chris is the best pg in the league, period.
  • TiddyTiddy Posts: 365
    I think Nelson is an absolutely fantastic ball player. I'd hate to see him leave. While obviously CP3 is a better player, I wouldnt want us to give up that whole package for him and Posey. Like I said, Nelson is one of the most under-rated players in the leagiue
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I agree with Tiddy.

As a Magic fan I don't want Nelson or Gortat to go anywhere.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    edited July 2010
    The Magic would contend for championships yearly alongside the Heat with Howard and CP3. Not that they don't already, but I don't see them getting back to the Finals with the team they have now.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    ^ LOL!

He was there for tobacco.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • gerrythedongerrythedon Posts: 121
    I would love Chris Paul, but not trading Bynum for him. If he goes to East then I see him going to Orlando, so they can eliminate Miami in the first round. I still pick LAKERS beating Orlando in the finals next year :)
    I'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you, my Jackie Johnson
    Orlando beating Miami would be awesome next year but it won't happen in the first round. lol
  • gerrythedongerrythedon Posts: 121
    hahaha why not....
    I'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you, my Jackie Johnson
    Because both of them will having good records meaning they won't see each other in the first round.
    The New Orleans Hornets have yet to start entertaining trade offers for Chris Paul, but that hasn't stopped the superstar point guard from making exit plans.

The Orlando Magic have emerged as the top team on Paul's list of preferred destinations, replacing the New York Knicks, according to league sources.

While the Knicks are still high on Paul's list, he believes the Magic, with All-Star center Dwight Howard, would be a better fit. Paul also realizes Orlando has much more to offer New Orleans in a trade and therefore believes it is a more realistic destination than New York, according to the sources.

Paul will meet with Hornets president Hugh Weber, new general manager Dell Demps and new head coach Monty Williams to discuss the future direction of the club. The Hornets hope to convince Paul to give the new regime a chance, but sources say he is fully expected to present New Orleans with a list of teams he would like to be traded to.

In addition to Orlando and New York, Dallas and Portland are on Paul's list. The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported on Friday that Paul's agent Leon Rose reached out to all four teams this week.

While New Orleans currently has no plans to trade Paul, the club also realizes how problematic it would be to have Williams start his coaching career with a disgruntled star.

That's why the Hornets may indeed decide to trade Paul even though he has two years left on his contract. But New Orleans would not limit itself to the four clubs on Paul's list. Instead, the Hornets would look for the best deal for its franchise, according to league sources.

New Jersey and Charlotte are known to be among the many teams that would make offers for Paul. Some league sources believe New Orleans would insist that Hornets center Emeka Okafor, who has four years and $52 million left on his contract, be included in any deal for Paul.

Orlando is one of several teams that called New Orleans about trading for Paul earlier this summer, but the Hornets refused to consider moving the three-time all-star under former GM Jeff Bower. League executives are now wondering if that stance will change under Demps.

New Orleans has not listened to proposals yet, and most clubs will likely wait until after Monday's meeting to begin making offers. Orlando has not had trade discussions with the Hornets regarding Paul, according to sources.

Paul's desire to play in New York is largely tied to Carmelo Anthony, the Denver Nuggets star. Both players would like to team with new Knick Amare Stoudemire to form a Big Three that could rival Miami's trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

But while such a scenario is possible, it will be difficult to pull off. First, Anthony must turn down Denver's three-year, $65 million extension offer, which is something most league insiders don't believe he will do. Then, the Knicks must put together a package for Paul that entices the Hornets without eating up all the future cap space they would use to sign Anthony as a free agent next summer. If the Knicks took back Okafor with Paul, signing Anthony as a free agent in 2011 would be impossible.

Beyond that, sources say New Orleans may be unlikely to send Paul to New York because so many other teams could present better offers.

Orlando, with point guard Jameer Nelson and former All-Star Vince Carter, who only has one year of guaranteed money left on his contract, is one such team. And a pairing of Paul and Howard would unquestionably make the Magic a title contender.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Let him go to Dallas. Beat that ass some more.
    Spurz are in trouble if Dallas gets CP3. You can't handle both Dirky Dirk and him.
    Hell no J. Spurs always handled CP3 well. Dirk is the one we need to worry about the most <_>

You could handle CP3 because he didn't have someone like Dirky Dirk to help him. You know you'd be in trouble, especially since you guys added nothing. <_>
    WE ADDED SPLITTAH!!!!!!!

Dominate force in the paint mutha fucka. CP3 ain't going to be lay-uping shit. I think J-Rich is going to do good this season. I mean it was his first and he needed to learn a new system and so on. We gave him to much shit lol. Lets see what happens this year.
    J-Rich = Jason Richardson...you have Richard Jefferson...
    goes by j to the rich <_>

I'll just call the nigger RJ.
    The Bulls are prepared to sign Tracy McGrady if he proves to be sufficiently healthy in a workout Monday and can convince the team he is willing to accept a bench role, one source familiar with Chicago's thinking said Sunday.

"Nothing is done until it's done, but I expect the Bulls to sign McGrady later this week," the source said.

Another unknown is what kind of contract McGrady can command from the Bulls. But McGrady has said money and years are not priorities after earning nearly $23 million last season with Houston and New York.

Although he has expressed interest in snagging one of the spots on Miami's bench in support of the LeBron James-Dwyane Wade-Chris Bosh triumvirate and he auditioned for the Los Angeles Clippers last week, Chicago is undeniably where McGrady has been hoping to wind up.