Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vinyl

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2013
    On Record Store Day 2013, BTBAM's "Anatomy Of" and LoG's "New American Gospel" are being released on vinyl for the first time.
    inb4lists
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited February 2013
    thinking of buying this image

possibly this one instead because it also has an iPod dock, not just an aux plug in image
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

On Record Store Day 2013, BTBAM's "Anatomy Of" and LoG's "New American Gospel" are being released on vinyl for the first time.

I'll probably get both

possibly this one instead because it also has an iPod dock, not just an aux plug in image

I know youre a broke college kid, but buying an actual turntable/receiver/speakers is worth it in the long run. On those combo devices a lot of the time the parts aren't replaceable so when they crap out its done.

I'd also reccomend thrift shop hunting for cassette decks. Theyre super cheap just make sure everything works before you buy it. My brother collects cassetes and he just bought a really deck that can hold 4 cassetes and has a little equalizer on it for 20 bucks.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

I'll probably get both
    This. If I actually make it down to Record Store day this year lol

I know youre a broke college kid, but buying an actual turntable/receiver/speakers is worth it in the long run. On those combo devices a lot of the time the parts aren't replaceable so when they crap out its done.

I'd also reccomend thrift shop hunting for cassette decks. Theyre super cheap just make sure everything works before you buy it. My brother collects cassetes and he just bought a really deck that can hold 4 cassetes and has a little equalizer on it for 20 bucks.
    I was looking into these more out of convenience, since I collect CDs as well, and have an iPod. However, I was worried about them possibly being cheap and breaking easily...

Maybe I will just invest in a separate record player, and separate cassette deck. Any brands/models you would recommend?
    I also think my dad may have a record player or two back at home... they just don't work. May even be more cost efficient to fix them.

I'll probably get both
    Same, might get the Atlas Moth split and the new Steven Wilson album, idk yet though
    inb4lists

I was looking into these more out of convenience, since I collect CDs as well, and have an iPod. However, I was worried about them possibly being cheap and breaking easily...

Maybe I will just invest in a separate record player, and separate cassette deck. Any brands/models you would recommend?
    Dont get me wrong, those things will probably last a few years, it might actually be good for a dorm, but like I said once they break thats it. With turntables you can (most likely) replace a part and keep it going.

I'd reccomend this turntable: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002GYTPB8

You can find it online for 75-85 bucks. Its probably the best turntable you'll find for under 100. Also look into Sony turntables. They get a lot of flak from purists but I love mine.

This receiver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004SF20FG

Usually 100-115 bucks online.

I'm not a big speaker guy so i'll leave those to someone else. I know you can get decent starter speakers for around 40 doe.

So youre looking at 200-250 for a nice setup
    I'm not sure about cassette decks. I'll ask my brother tonight. Like I said they go for really cheap in thrift stores/pawn shops. If you got one with the right speaker outputs you could hook it up to the same receiver/speakers as your turntable and have a sweet ass sound system. Same goes for cd players too.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited February 2013
    its pretty simple, you get what you pay for
    Post edited by NolaFree810 on
    Are certain cassettes still worth a bit if they're rare/desired enough?

Cassettes from bands like early Metallica, Misfits/Danzig, Brutality, Jimi Hendrix, Slayer, Judas Priest etc.
    inb4lists
    Who cares? Theyre for listening.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Just put on a flannel, FaceFuck.
    I love winning with women
    Alex said:

Just put on a flannel, FaceFuck.

No, never.

I'm not a fucking hipster lol, I just like collecting music memorabilia and vinyl/cassettes.

I don't hang out at record stores or any of that shit.
    inb4lists
    Facefuck if you woke up tomorrow and you found out no one was interested in vinyl anymore and all your records were worthless what would you do?
    I would still listen to them.

I don't sell my vinyl, well i did sell a few but they were ones i got from the salvation army, stuff like George Thorogood and REO Speedwagon, stuff i don't care about, but I'm not ever selling the ones i current have, or the ones i will buy in the future.
    inb4lists
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    My original pressing of Agent Orange by Sodom came in the mail yesterday, but no one was home to sign for it so it's at the post office till I can pick it up Saturday. :-<
    imageimage
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    RAZOR said:

My original pressing of Agent Orange by Sodom came in the mail yesterday, but no one was home to sign for it so it's at the post office till I can pick it up Saturday. :-<

BRB gonna go to the post office for you
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Dave Grohl released an entire pre-Foo Fighters album called 'Pocketwatch' exclusively on cassette. I've never seen a copy of it