Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MAGIC THE GATHERING MTG FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    I have a bunch of cards that I'd happily get rid of:

^^ 4 of those Platinum Angels

A bunch of Basilisk Collars.
    there are some who call me... tim?
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    i stopped playign around uhh the set that was heavily based in multi color i forgot but it was the set after the kamigowwa

IT IS HARD TO PLAY WITH OUT OTHER PLAYERS WITCH WAS A PROBLEM I HAD FOR A FEW YEARS
    BUT NOW I HAVE A REGULAR PLAY GROUP
    EVERY WED DAY FROM 4:00 P.M. TO 10:00 P.M. IS MAGIC TIME
    WITH LOTS OF BEER WEED AND HEAVY FUCKING METAL
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    gulch can u explain how the first two cards of tims post work?
    gulch can u explain how the first two cards of tims post work?

THEY ARE PLANES WALKER
    YOU SUMMON THEM THEY ARE NOT CREATURES
    BUT ALLIES THAT WORK WITH YOU
    THE NUMBER IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER IS CALLED LOYALTY
    WHEN THEY COME INTO PLAY THEY GET THAT MANY COUNTERS ON THEM
    THEN YOU CAN EITHER ADD OR REMOVE COUNTERS ONCE IN YOU MAIN PHASE PER A TURN TO HAVE THE EFFECTS TAKE PLACE
    I have a bunch of cards that I'd happily get rid of:

I WANT
    ok for instance ajani soo do you add 1 counter each upkeep? and every turn you get 1 life? and the other card every 2 turns everyone draws a card? my friend has one of these and it confused the shit out of me

Planeswalkers are powerful allies you can call on to fight by your side. But how do they work?

Planeswalker cards are shuffled into your deck at the start of the game, just like any other cards. You can play a planeswalker only at the time you could play a sorcery. A planeswalker is a permanent, so when a planeswalker spell you control resolves, it comes into play under your control. (Note that planeswalkers are not creatures.)

Each planeswalker has a subtype. For example, Sarkhan Vol says "Planeswalker — Sarkhan" on its type line. If two or more planeswalkers that share a subtype are in play, they're all put into their owners' graveyards.

The number in the lower right corner of a planeswalker card is its "loyalty." It comes into play with that many loyalty counters on it. If it's ever in play with no loyalty counters on it, it's put into its owner's graveyard.
    Planeswalker Abilities

Each planeswalker has a number of activated abilities on it. You can play one of these abilities only at the time you could play a sorcery, and only if none of that planeswalker's abilities have been played yet that turn.

The cost to play a planeswalker's ability is to add or remove a certain number of loyalty counters from it. For example, the symbol means "Put one loyalty counter on this planeswalker," and the symbol means "Remove three loyalty counters from this planeswalker." You can't play an ability with a negative loyalty cost unless the planeswalker has at least that many loyalty counters on it.
    Fighting a Planeswalker

Planeswalkers can be attacked. When you declare attacking creatures, you choose whether each one is attacking your opponent or a planeswalker that opponent controls. Your opponent can block as normal, regardless of what each creature is attacking. If a creature deals combat damage to a planeswalker, that many loyalty counters are removed from it.

Other sources can deal damage to planeswalkers. If a spell or ability you control would deal damage to an opponent, you may have it deal that damage to a planeswalker that opponent controls instead. So while you can't target a planeswalker with a Shock, you can have a Shock that targets your opponent deal 2 damage to one of his or her planeswalkers instead of to the player. You can't split the damage from one source between a player and a planeswalker. Damage dealt to a planeswalker results in that many loyalty counters being removed from it.
    DOES THIS HELP
    thanks gulch it all makes ALOT more sense now
    SWEET

YOU CAN KILL THEM WITH DIRECT DAMAGE OR ATTACKS

OR DESTROY TARGET PERMANENT CARDS
    gonna go old school with a good old shock <3 or an incinerate
    win spells win
    old cards are old
    i LOVE the old cards
    GO TO WWW.STARCITY.COM FOR CARD PRICES
    I HAVE A PIKACHU!

NOT MTG
  • drewvichdrewvich Posts: 1,148
    still gots my foil charazard saved....booooyyaaaa...remember when that shit was like 100 dollars...bet its like 2 now lol
    rare cards I have(according the the gatherer):
    balduvian hyrdra
    elder druid
    game of chaos
    hurricane
    wrath of god
    manabarbs
    psionic entity

I HAVE THESE CARDS

I WILL CHECK WITH MY GAME MATES AND SEE IF ANY OF THEM NEED ANY OF THESE