Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Also, if you have any unpaid debts. Dont just ignore them lol. 

Once your debt has defaulted, either with the billing company, or if it is actually sold to a collection agency, save up about 50-60% of the amount, and then call the place you owe money to. 

You can usually negotiate down to 60% of what you owe, if you have it in liquid cash. 

But never just pay them. Always get them to send you something in writing before you pay, and a receipt once its been paid. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    You have the right idea. Just two things of note:

They don't look at volume so you don't have to worry about that. BUT if you pay off 100% of what you spend on the card it sometimes looks like you didn't use it at all, credit wise at least. So I typically guide people to leave a $10 balance on the card at the end of the month. That way on your credit report it shows you are deliberately using a small amount of the card, rather than the $0 balance that you could have just chucked the card into the freezer and forgot about it. And a balance of $10 is gonna be at most like 30 cents in interest a month if that. 

Play that game for a few months and then open a second card and do the same thing, and then a couple months later with a third card and you'll be money. Easy credit score in the mid to high 700s. 
    My bad I’m getting back to this so late lol, are you essentially saying what dude says in this video?

https://youtu.be/06ImhLQ938s

It’s 13 minutes but try to watch it in full when you get a second. It seems like he’s saying what you said, except he said to never intentionally let a balance carry over and pay interest, which is what I think you were saying? Or I’m wrong and he’s saying the exact same thing lol.

But what I’m currently doing is, it’s a $200 credit line cause it’s a secured card, $200 is the minimum and I can increase it anywhere up to $600 and get the deposit back whenever I’m upgraded to an unsecured card. But for now I jus did the minimum because the sole purpose of this card is building credit, so I don’t really need more on it. So I basically jus maxed it out and put the full $200 on it right away, and I’m gonna pay $50 a week, so on the final week of the 4 week billing period, it will be paid off on time, but there’s a 25% credit utilization on file at that point in time as well, right before it’s sent to the credit bureau. So that’s already doing essentially what you suggested, right?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah you're spot on, that dude is saying the same thing. You wanna pay down as much as you can before the billing cycle ends otherwise you will get hit with interest on any remaining balance if you pay it too late. But you don't wanna pay it off completely to zero otherwise your statement will just show nothing for your credit report (other than the on time payment) So in the scenario you gave in paying $50 bucks a week that'd be perfect. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I pay off my monthly statements completely every month, but since the months overlap between when the next month starts and my bill arrives, I'm never at total zero. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    i bought my GF a roomba with a emptying doc and this thing is fucking awesome.  
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Got damn Turnstile so good live
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Big crash at an air show in Dallas the other day. The video is fucking insane. An old ass B-17 gets cut in half right in front of all the spectators. Nobody on the ground was hurt at the very least. 

i saw that holy shit
    11/10 big brain power move is to get to work, set up and then immediately go take a shit. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    The bidet has ruined paid work shits for me, it feels too dirty. There’s no going back. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah. Im probably going to pick one of those up soon. Its starting to get towards the top of luxury items i want lol
    edited November 2022
    Gonna be getting braces soon so I’ll be a brace face for 6+ months lol. My teeth aren’t severely fucked or anything, jus have a gap that I always wanted fixed plus jus in general want that perfectly straight look. I was gonna go Invisalign but it’s like 3 grand more plus it does less than braces cause it can’t move teeth up and down, only shift them horizontally. So you pay more for less function, jus for lower visibility. So I’ll suck it up since they’ll be A1 afterwards. But I’m less worried about the visual aspect as much as I am about the eating restrictions and/or getting shit stuck in them. That part is gonna suck regardless smh.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Does your work's dental cover braces?
    Nope, insurance coverage for braces/Invisalign is horrible regardless. Most don’t cover it whatsoever. If you’re an extreme case and you literally can’t close your mouth or chew properly and they’re medically necessary, then they’ll usually partially cover it, and if you’re under 18, certain specific cases get coverage, but above 18 and getting it for cosmetic reasons, you’re fucked even wit premium top of the line insurance.
    it just depends on your coverage. Some plans allow for a certain amount of detal work per year ect. Not all dental plans are shit. 

My dental pays 50% of basically everything. 100% of class one, and 80% class 2. 50 deductibles except for orthodontics. 
    but most places will only cover orthodontics until you are 19 or so. 

They consider braces to be something on the parents to fix before you are an adult. 

this place is about to be dust
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    this site?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    this site?
    Think he meant this planet