Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Also, lol at the Watchmen dislikes. 

ITS STILL FANTASTIC YOU NEGATIVE CUNT. 
    Im not at all interested in a SJW fueled slap in the face to Moore and the source material. But if you like it, whatever. 
    I don't even have to ask, I already know you haven't fucking watched it lmao

There's literally nothing SJW about it. The alt right is just harping on that because the KKK are portrayed as bad guys in it, but even that is just sort of backplot serving as a distraction from the overall story arch.

Also, Alan Moore is a straight up fucking communist, and the graphic novel is literally about authoritarianism. Not sure if you missed that part.

Not that there's any point in engaging with you, since you're going to keep regurgitating talking points from other neckbeards on things you haven't watched/read/listened to/played. 
    Watchmen is my fav graphic novel of all time. I love Moore's work. There are a lot of different ideas and philosophies explored in Watchmen. Yes there is an anti-authoritarian aspect to it, but there's a lot more to it too. 

Regardless, making Rorshach some alt-right figurehead and his words the fuel to a new KKK is kinda fucked up. Especially considering the comic writers wrote the new Rorshach as black. 

The whole show just oozes of something that started as something else, to make a contemporary statement, and then last minute some exec was just like "make it Watchmen". 

Kinda like Joker
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I find it hilarious that MC hates on things based on these pre-conceived notions that end up not actually being in the movie.

You hate the new Joker because you think he's a 99%er fighting the billionaire class but if you actually WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE you'd realize he is not. 

Now i havent seen the Watchmen show but considering Xeno has actually seen the fucking show I'm gonna take his word on what plot points actually exist. 
    I find it hilarious that MC hates on things based on these pre-conceived notions that end up not actually being in the movie.

You hate the new Joker because you think he's a 99%er fighting the billionaire class but if you actually WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE you'd realize he is not. 

Now i havent seen the Watchmen show but considering Xeno has actually seen the fucking show I'm gonna take his word on what plot points actually exist. 
    I hate the new Joker because it literally has nothing to do with the character. Its a "bad day" story Falling Down wannabe film who threw "Joker" in there to fill seats  
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

I hate the new Joker because it literally has nothing to do with the character. Its a "bad day" story Falling Down wannabe film who threw "Joker" in there to fill seats  

Except it literally is an origin story for the Joker and he shares just about every major character trait with his comic book counter part. But you haven't even seen the film so it's not like you'd know
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    It’s not an aftermarket show with the the The Watchmen logo slapped on the hood. It is just as much a prequel to the comics as a sequel to them. It does an excellent job weaving the new story threads, the comics, and events prior to the comics all together. There is a yet-to-be-connected side plot that is absolutely fucking bananas. The look and feel of the show is exactly what it should be. The score is fucking anxiety inducing af with the ticking watch sounds. While definitely not the main focus, the racial tensions in the show make perfect sense within the context of the show. We are watching the after effects of a series of events and how they ripple across generations. 

Next weeks episode is gonna blow the roof off of the joint.  
    Pass the god damn butter.

Except it literally is an origin story for the Joker and he shares just about every major character trait with his comic book counter part. But you haven't even seen the film so it's not like you'd know
    So if I watch it. Still hate it. And still point out how it has nothing to do with the comic character, will you accept my opinion? 
    No. You’re going in with your mind made up already so the evidence won’t matter. 
    We accept that your opinions are generally preconceived and nobody here takes them seriously. 
    Xeno said:
    I love how when given an itemized receipt on why he was wrong about one topic, MC just went radio silent about that and instead turned it into a debate about something else. Artful.
    Im willing to give up on Watchmen. I watched one review, and read some posts on Rotten Tomatos. So cool, maybe Im wrong on it. 

My opinions for Joker havent been wavered by what anyone has said. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    This was fun but man my insomnia is getting worse

So if I watch it. Still hate it. And still point out how it has nothing to do with the comic character, will you accept my opinion? 
    Nah. Your opinion is already formed 
    Aight then 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    either way its HBO, so the first 4 seasons will be fucking dope before slowly grinding to a halt and either being flat cancelled before a series finally or just flat out have a terrible ending with no plot.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Y’all still arguing with MC like this fool gonna change his dense mind on these topics? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Maybe he'll get his dick sucked and change his mind