Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So what's with this whole Inquisition being Nazis thing lately?

Fuck those racist pieces of shit. Wish I wouldve gone to Metal Alliance so one of them couldve gotten a bottle to the dome.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy

people like drama. Who cares? Their music is good thats all I care about. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Supporting racism = drama. Kill yourself.

im not talking about them being nazis = drama imsaying the sudden interest = drama. They've always been nazis. Black metal is known for having nazi band and band members. Its not shocking. 

Who said anything about shocking? I'm not shocked, but it still doesnt make it ok. Why are you white knighting for them so hard?

im not white knighting. I just think the sudden interest is stupid. I like bands for their music not their personal beliefs. 

Well then you're an idiot tbh. I dont give a fuck about bands personal beliefs when it comes to 95% of shit, but when one of your beliefs is blatant racism or radical political views, they can go fuck themselves.

You really feel comfortable giving these assholes money?

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

While I don't give a shit about a band's lyrics most-often, I'm definitely not cool with supporting racists/sexist/homophobic bands. Listening is one thing, but if you know they're bigots and give them money that's fucked up. But one thing I've found interesting is the lack of sources cited in a lot of these articles that've recently popped up claiming Inquisition to be racist. I'm pretty sure some of the members of the band are ethnic themselves. That's not to say the disqualifies them, but its something. If somebody can link me to something that's a definite quote of them saying they're neo-nazis, I'd appreciate it. I've just seen claims thrown around and no evidence. I don't even care about their music tbh, it's just Immortal worship.  

I dont own any Inquisition merch. So I havent given them money. But I have bought Burzum merch. Idc. Im a Christian and I listen to a lot of anti-Christain and Satanic and Pagan music. i dont care what a bands personal beliefs are. 

I dont care what Mustaine thinks. What Nergal thinks. What Varg thinks. Or what Inquisition thinks. Etc. 

Is Nazisin wrong? I think it is. But people are entitled to their beliefs. Do I think lesser of their person? Sure. i think they're crappy people for their beliefs, but I wouldnt have a problem listening to them because I think their music is decent. 

No matter if I listen to them or not or give them money or not their opinions arent gonna change. 

It's perfectly fair to admire their art, and I do think that people should separate art from the artist, and you're not wrong that not giving them money isn't going to change their views, but you still shouldn't give them money. It's kind of telling them, "yeah dude, it's totally fine you hate this group of people and openly write about it. here's some money so you can go back in the studio and put out more hate speech". I'm not saying that's what any of us have done, but there's a difference between appreciating music somebody has put out, and supporting it. Because even if you don't intend to support the artist but are just trying to show appreciation for the art, when you buy a shirt or a CD by an band that's known for bigotry, you're supporting bigotry, because they're getting this money and living off of it.

After going to that Stella Natura Festival, I learned that some of the neo-folk artists playing at the event and a couple of the vendors they had there had neo-nazi beliefs. Of course when the festival found out about this, they made sure that those people were never welcome back again, but it still felt weird to know that I was around some people that were that way. It's just not something that's okay to put out there. 

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

the key and peele fronthand/backhand skit =))
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

If the band are out preaching hate, that's one thing. Rumors are another.

People thought that Slayer were Nazis back in the day.

Yeah definitely. I'm not accusing them or anything, but just stating my views on bands that are open about bigotry

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

Still gonna watch Inquisition at MDF .

*whistling smiley*

inb4lists
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I didn't exactly spend my time memorizing all of the smileys... 

inb4lists
    edited May 2014

:-" 

its not working