Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker

Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Please, dont counter with your favorite album. Post a few more outdated memes [-O<
    And here I was going to post the superior version of YOUR favorite album #-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnatnzxxtFE
    Superior in what way? That sounds worse than the original album.

I understand the gripe about the lack of bass, but turning it up too much is just as bad.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Justice is my second favorite Metallica record, and was my first record metal, but Metallica are credited as a thrash band and Kill 'Em All is straight up thrash 'til death.

Superior in what way? That sounds worse than the original album.

I understand the gripe about the lack of bass, but turning it up too much is just as bad.

It's interesting to distinctly hear the bass, but yeah, it still sounds like shit.
    Ya can't polish a turd :)) 8-} =)) :-j
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Justice is my least favorite of the four.

Kill Em All and Master are close for best imo.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Jake and I will never agree on this lol. He is always going to view that album with rose colored glasses because of his early concert experience.

Imo, the first three are equally great and I don't know if I could pick a hands down favorite (its between Kea and rtl) While Puppets may be the most polished and refined album, Kill em all and Lightning were much more raw. Justice doesn't even belong in the same catalog as the previous albums. That was the album that they started backing away from the band they had always been and moving in a new suckier and less thrashy direction. That shit came out and people though their cassette players were fucking up and playing shit slow :))

Its been all downhill ever since.
    So now AJFA isnt thrash /:) kill yourself. Metallica has always had a mix of slower and faster paced songs. See: Sanitarium, Fade To Black, For Whom The Bell Tolls, etc. So I'll assume all of these people you're referring to were fairweather fans that hadnt listened to a Metallica album before :-??

Through all the bass talk people seem to overlook the fact that it contains some of Kirk's best work. The leads in songs like Harvester Of Sorrow and the title track are straight up filthy. Its also where Hetfield shines most as a vocalist. Imo he found the right balance between the thrash growl and more traditional singing.

Its their peak as far as I'm concerned. How you connect Metallica's most progressive album to date to them deciding to make buttrock is beyond me. Metallica continuing where they left off from AJFA would've resulted in a waaaaay better band than what they turned into.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy

Hetfield shines most as a vocalist. Imo he found the right balance between the thrash growl and more traditional singing.

So now AJFA isnt thrash /:) kill yourself. Metallica has always had a mix of slower and faster paced songs. See: Sanitarium, Fade To Black, For Whom The Bell Tolls, etc. So I'll assume all of these people you're referring to were fairweather fans that hadnt listened to a Metallica album before :-??

Its their peak as far as I'm concerned. How you connect Metallica's most progressive album to date to them deciding to make buttrock is beyond me. Metallica continuing where they left off from AJFA would've resulted in a waaaaay better band than what they turned into.

Yeah, people who were into Metallica pre-justice were fair weather fans who never heard an album before. Ok. Except that was the only way one would even hear a Metallica song was to have the album or see them live, so actually.... no. Those all came with the black album. Before that, there was no radio play, there were no videos for them, it was still competely commercially underground at that point. This was a point and time when "selling out" and commercializing your music was still a taboo and the worst thing a band could do (fucking posers lol) It was a huge deal when the video for One came out. Justice wasn't a terrible album, those came later, but it was very clearly their first step in that direction. The band dynamics changed and it became the James and Lars show, and that is when shit started to go downhill for them.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Rex420 said:

Hetfield shines most as a vocalist. Imo he found the right balance between the thrash growl and more traditional singing.

"Marginal, to put it nicely."

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Trying to organize a shroom party for Pretty Lights
    image Photobucket
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner

Yup...I'll hang on to this
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Episode said:

Rex420 said:

"Marginal, to put it nicely."

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    No base >

Harvestor of sorrows and shortest straw =P~
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Going to iowa city \m/

Had to give up my addy :-<
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Dildozer said:

No base >

All your base are belong to us
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?