Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Anyone one here have Comcast Triple Play?

1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
edited July 2010 in Off Topic
Thinkin' about switching to this service to lower my phone/internet and cable bill. Bundling the phone, internet, and cable would save me a good amount of money, but I was just curious, is it worth it? Any hidden fees? I don't want to get dooped into something and just end up paying what I'm already paying now or more.

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'm not sure exactly but if I remember right my parents comcast bill, and they have internet/phone/cable is about 300 bucks a month. It may be a little more though. Lately comcast has been fucking shit up so it's been pissing them off
    imageimage
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    edited July 2010
    $300 per month sounds steep for all 3, unless you have a premium package or something. The promotion in my area is $99 per month for 12 months, but I couldn't find an answer to how much it costs after the 12 month promotional period. $99 is certainly much cheaper than what I pay now, but how much it costs after 12 months is what I'm concerned with.
    It's close to 300 after the 12 months. My mom has talked about getting rid of the phone before to make it a little cheaper. My dad has a sports package on the cable which raises it a little bit which is why I actually think the bill overall is closer to 330 which I know that can't afford. My fucking phone has been shut off for almost a month because of this and because my dad won't go out and get a job like he should have 3 years ago
    imageimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    $300 per month sounds steep for all 3, unless you have a premium package or something. The promotion in my area is $99 per month for 12 months, but I couldn't find an answer to how much it costs after the 12 month promotional period. $99 is certainly much cheaper than what I pay now, but how much it costs after 12 months is what I'm concerned with.

just cancel it after the 12 months
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    I have the Premier XF package and it went up $20 after two years. There weren't any hidden fees whatsoever. The starter package goes up to $115 after the 12 months. Then after two years you pay $130 I believe when it's all set and done. I love everything about what I have. Their always on top of their shit out here. I guess just keep and eagles eye on what's going on.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Comcast are fucking nazis. We're switching to AT&T because Comcast keeps raising our price, but taking away more and more services. Fuck them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I remember for a while I didn't have internet or a home phone because they were upgrading. At least that's what they said, but they never inform anyone of this so you just have to guess
    imageimage
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited July 2010
    We used to have 200 channels. Then they raised our cable bill an extra $12 a month. When they did that, they took away a lot, a lot, A LOT of channels. Why should we pay more for less? Now they're saying in August they're gonna raise it by another $15 a month. Plus, their internet service has always been shitty. It'll go out, and when I call to ask what's going on they act like I'm burdening them. Oh, I'm sorry Comcast tech support, is your job of picking up a phone and pretending to be friendly to a concerned customer that fucking hard?

/rant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    may i suggest iO digital cable?
    imageimage
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Thanks for the info guys and gals. I think I may go with it and see how I like it.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I have AT&T Uverse here. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Time Warner fucking Cable> all
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    That's nice. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Time Warner fucking Cable> all
    we had TW until Comcast bought them out down here. I don't mind it though.