Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    I wish the phone app was as good as the console app though.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The phone app is dope though. The fact that it lets you save songs and playlists to your phone so you can avoid data usage is a fucking godsend. Its what puts it above apps like bandcamp/youtube/pandora/etc
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Somehow I got stuck in a double quote box. MC, your method is perfectly cool if that is what works for you. Im not saying anybody is wrong, I just don't want anyone to use the "well prefer to support the artist" argument as if I don't when that is completely false.
    image Photobucket
    edited August 2016
    I'm still learning to navigate to app...I wish they would quit trying to force shuffle on me everywhere. I've alway been a full album person and that definitely makes me one of the people free Spotify tries to lure. I have become open to the "x radio" channels that play similar artists though so im opening up lol i just have this obsession with being in control of what I hear and I was always the aux guy among my friends.
    image Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Somehow I got stuck in a double quote box. MC, your method is perfectly cool if that is what works for you. Im not saying anybody is wrong, I just don't want anyone to use the "well prefer to support the artist" argument as if I don't when that is completely false.
    Didnt imply you didnt. Just that Spotify as a service doesnt replace actually owning the music for me. Even if its just a download.

Its good for at work though
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Alright, that's just the impression I got after both yours and Dimes reply. Out of curiosity, how does assist you with work?

I just bought a Sam Cohen vinyl after he finally listening to one of his album since he blew me away opening for White Denim.

image Photobucket
    Alright, that's just the impression I got after both yours and Dimes reply. Out of curiosity, how does assist you with work?

I just bought a Sam Cohen vinyl after he finally listening to one of his album since he blew me away opening for White Denim.

Its good at work where I dont have all my physical music there, or my computer library, so one of my coworkers can log in to their spotify, and we can just use it. Makes trading off with my coworkers easier too. 
    Alright that makes sense, I wasn't sure if you meant it dealt directly with the work you were doing or not.

I am kind of annoyed now knowing that some people I know have tried to give me insight on albums using free spotify. Knowing now that everything is shuffled, I know they have no clue about and are clearly underestimating the pacing most artists put a lot of time into. 
    image Photobucket
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    The phone app shuffles everything, the console app doesn't though. Some may not be as off as you think. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers

No no I didn't mean it like that! Haha it's just a personal preference of mine to own everything I like. But no if I hear one song I like I'm not going to buy the album. I'll stream it first then if I like it I'll go buy it. 
    Id its a band I like, I buy the album regaedless. If it sucks, im hesitant for the next release.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Jobe said:
    The phone app shuffles everything, the console app doesn't though. Some may not be as off as you think. 
    Mine doesn't but that's because I pay around 8 bucks a month for it
    imageimage
    I saw the family plan is $15 but it says all members have to share a household. Not entirely sure how they enforce that if at all. 

Galaxy 6 has the worst battery of any phone I've ever had so I really thought streaming would just been too much at work. It's really not any more noticeable than using poweramp though 
    image Photobucket
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Took until now for me to cave and try spotify. Part of me knew I'd like it but I'd already gone too far to cave. Fuck I feel like an idiot. There's so much music from artitsts that I've been trying to find downloads for that are just sitting there. Went ahead and did the month trial that requires card info...first time that trick has ever gotten me because I'll probably let it it roll on into a subscription. 
    idk if you still have an active .edu email address but if so you can get it for 5 bucks a month
    Gotta be at jury duty by 9 tomorrow morning. They couldn't even do me the decency of letting me go to a court house near my house. I gotta go all the way downtown for this piece of shit. 
    So you live in Schaumburg, correct? Thats where i stay a lot when I go to Chicago. For a situation like that, how do you handle getting in the city? Because I feel like that early morning commute with be dreadful and take. But I also only know the straight forward expressway route with all the the traffic and construction that takes about 40 minutes to go 30 miles. Do you take a bus/train combo or do you drive all the way into the city. I'm just curious how people that actually live there handle it. 
    image Photobucket
    So you live in Schaumburg, correct? Thats where i stay a lot when I go to Chicago. For a situation like that, how do you handle getting in the city? Because I feel like that early morning commute with be dreadful and take. But I also only know the straight forward expressway route with all the the traffic and construction that takes about 40 minutes to go 30 miles. Do you take a bus/train combo or do you drive all the way into the city. I'm just curious how people that actually live there handle it. 
    depends what Im doing. for something like this, or if Im going to a show or a museum or something, i just suck it up and drive. I leave early. If Im just going to like hangout around the city, or go to the lake or something, I'll take a train. 
    That I didn't kill myself at 18 like I wanted to
    imageimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    then ude be dead.... no good bein deadz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

I'm no good to anyone alive either. So what's the difference?
    imageimage