Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    You can still get chicken pox even if you get immunized for it
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sure possible, but highly unlikely.
    You and your kids have never had chicken pox?
    Most adults I know have had it 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    I had it, my brother had it, and my cousins had it all at the same time. Then my mom and aunt got it from us.

They had already had it as kids. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Far out. I think it's quite dangerous to get it as an adult
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,612 spicy boy
    Yeah the older you are the worse you get it. From what I know about the vaccine is that it mostly just helps reduce the effects when/if you do get it. Almost everyone I know has had it.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I had it in 1st grade and everyone I have ever known (besides maybe one or two people) has had it before
    imageimage
    Wake must be immune to the normal illnesses and diseases that we mere mortals suffer from 
    That's because he has aids 
    Gnomez said:
    You and your kids have never had chicken pox?
    Most adults I know have had it 
    I did not receive the vaccine as the vaccine was after my time... Ie... by the time they started doing that I had already had the pox. My kids though all received it and not one has had chicken pox. I remember when I was a kid, literally every single kid I went to school with had it sometime during elementary k-5. Now a days? I've not heard of a single kid at my children's school that has had it.

I know that statistically speaking the vaccine isnt 100% effective. However it is effective in the high 90% range.  like probably close to 99% but I don't know the actual percentages.
    We didn't get my daughter vaccinated for the pox (not sure why not!?) but about 6 kids in her class have it this week alone!
    I wasnt vaccinated I dont think. :-? That may have been when the vaccine scare was in? Idk actually. I had the pox though.

I got other vacinnes though. Although I cant get some vaccines, like the flu shot. 
    Starting to look like were gonna have to get one of my cats put down. Dudes 13 so hes had a good life but still :-<
    You guys are retarded. Chicken Pox, aka the Varicella virus, didn't become available until 1995 when it was an optional vaccination for kids between 1-12 who had not had the pox yet. It wasn't really until 2006 until they had finally refined the vaccine into this shot called MMRV which is a 4-1 shot for Varicella, Measles, mumps, and Rubella. Kids in the USA now are required to get two shots of this which is 97% effective in preventing a child from catching the virus. Back in 95 the first optional was 70-8-% effective.

So yeah.... I guess if you guys are claiming you had two shots of MMRV because you were under the age of 12 in 2006, then please contact the CDC so they can update their effective rates. Also, you should ask your parents if they are okay with you being on this site. The adult content might be a little too graphic for little tikes liek you.
    Gnomez said:
    Far out. I think it's quite dangerous to get it as an adult
    I had a gf who caught the adult form called shingles. She said it was one of the most painful things she lived though. I hear they have a vaccine for adults to avoid catching it.
    You guys are retarded. Chicken Pox, aka the Varicella virus, didn't become available until 1995 when it was an optional vaccination for kids between 1-12 who had not had the pox yet. It wasn't really until 2006 until they had finally refined the vaccine into this shot called MMRV which is a 4-1 shot for Varicella, Measles, mumps, and Rubella. Kids in the USA now are required to get two shots of this which is 97% effective in preventing a child from catching the virus. Back in 95 the first optional was 70-8-% effective.

So yeah.... I guess if you guys are claiming you had two shots of MMRV because you were under the age of 12 in 2006, then please contact the CDC so they can update their effective rates. Also, you should ask your parents if they are okay with you being on this site. The adult content might be a little too graphic for little tikes liek you.
    That explains why I didnt get the shot then
    I wasnt vaccinated I dont think. :-? That may have been when the vaccine scare was in? Idk actually. I had the pox though.

I got other vacinnes though. Although I cant get some vaccines, like the flu shot. 
    yeah I wouldnt be surprised if any of you didnt receive it. It really wasnt until 2006 that they started requiring it and kicking kids out of school who didnt get it. I remember my 13 year old son got it late because the school required it but at the time when they usually do those shots it wasnt required.

Note - school can't really kick kids out of public schools for not vaccinating, however lots of schools will pretend they can. Then parents claim they are infringing on their religious beliefs and the schools back down.  They shouldnt though. Fuck parents who dont vaccinate.

That explains why I didnt get the shot then
    yeah exactly. And my kids generation has no clue what chicken pox is.
    I love how wake calls everyone retarded after he googles all the facts about the vaccine. 
    It was the exact same thing I said. What did I say before? It was high 90% close to 99%... What is it? 97% :| And here you guys are like "Yeah everyone I know caught it". Cause you werent vaccinated :|