Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Triumph to tour with Van Halen in 2011????

Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
edited July 2010 in Off Topic
Sean Patrick Dooley of Gibson.com recently conducted an interview with guitarist/vocalist Rik Emmett of Canadian rock legends TRIUMPH. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Gibson.com: You've been doing a lot of press these days for TRIUMPH's "Greatest Hits" package. How's that been going?

Rik Emmett: Well, I've still got some more stuff I've gotta do tomorrow, then I'm free. Nothing but interviews day after day for a little while, 'cuz I promised those guys as part of the whole reconciliation reunion thing that I would help out in the promotion of their greatest-hits package when they finally got it to market. I've been talking my stupid-fool head off in the last couple of weeks. You do get kind of sick and tired of talking about yourself, but this is kind of nice, too, just to get the chance to finally talk to somebody at Gibson in the face. It's great.

We're scheduled to go for a dinner tonight with a couple of guys from Live Nation that have flown into town and want to take us to dinner. I'm sure there's going to be some sort of a pitch. The rumors that have been sort of blowing in the wind are that VAN HALEN want to go back out yet again next year, but they're going to need some sort of support to make the packaging a little more interesting. Because TRIUMPH hasn't really ever toured in any kind of a nostalgia way, I think Live Nation kind of goes, "Oh, yeah, you guys would be perfect for that." So, we'll see sort of the size and the shape and the glitter of the golden carrots that they have.

Comments