Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vinnie Paul's toilets up for auction.........LMAO

Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
edited July 2010 in Off Topic
Decibel magazine's J. Bennett recently spoke with former PANTERA drummer and current HELLYEAH sticksman Vinnie Paul Abbott regarding Vinnie's propensity of auctioning bizarre person items on eBay. An excerpt from the conversation follows below.

Decibel: Over the last couple of years, you've put your oven and your first cell phone on eBay…

Vinnie Paul: Yeah, that was just comedy, dude. Anybody who thinks I'm hurtin' for money and I did that for any reason other than just for the fun of it is crazy. The oven was sitting out by the side of my house because I replaced it, and a friend of mine, Video Bob, who works for me at my label, said, "Why don't we put it on eBay?" And it was hilarious how much press coverage it got. The thing didn't even work, and I wound up getting $1,000 for it. The guy drove down from Seattle in his truck to pick it up, and I autographed it for him. He was on cloud nine, you know? So, it was just something we did for fun. Anybody takes it any other way, they just don't know me.

Decibel: What happened with the cell phone?

Vinnie Paul: Oh, that was even funnier. I was cleaning out my house when I found it. It was one of the first cell phones they ever made, and it was the size of a shoe. We were all just laughing at it. And, of course, Video Bob happened to be over again, so he was like, "Dude, let's put it on eBay!" I think I got about five or six hundred bucks for the damn thing.

Decibel: What are you gonna auction off next?

Vinnie Paul: Actually, you'll be the first person I've told this to, but I'm seriously thinking about putting my toilets up there. My new house I bought in Vegas, I didn't like the toilets it came with. They were kinda old-school and small and had those wooden seat caps, so I replaced 'em all. And now I've got three toilets from my house in Vegas that I'm about to throw on eBay. I can't wait to see the shitstorm that causes! [Laughs]

Comments