Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Economy, glut hit summer tours ....... Kevin Lyman speaks.......

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    yeah, ozzy bitches about ticket prices, yet still charges over 130 bucks plus fees for ozzfest this year (for the pit anyways)
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    "yeah, ozzy bitches about ticket prices, yet still charges over 130 bucks plus fees for ozzfest this year (for the pit anyways)"

yeah.....and only charged $10 for lawn for fuck sake. It's just their way of coming out ahead for hitting so few markets. Im not sure I get what the big deal is.
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Well I paid 200 for four pit tickets to mayhem. I'd rather have 4 tickets to mayhem then 1 ticket to ozzfest.

Anyway I think the problem with ticket prices are the service fees I remember when it was 2 bucks a ticket in service fees. Now some of the service fees are 13-17 bucks. That's insane and adds a lot of money to a ticket price when buying multiple. I could understand a few bucks in service fees if there is a design on the ticket but I don't understand why they charge so much now when all they are doing is printing a thick piece of paper with a bar code. And even if you print at home there is service fees it's all bullshit and makes me appreciate when I can go to the venue and buy my ticket.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    hmmm I actually feel more intelligent after reading this
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    The thing we all need to keep in mind is that these artists and promoters only charge what the market will bear. As long as we, the fans, keep paying those prices they'll never change. I look for ALL the festival tours to scale back some in the coming years. The economy simply won't allow them to continue to hit the smaller markets where the profitability is suspect. We have to understand that the bottom line is this is a business and none of them can operate very long at a loss.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    last night at lynyrd skynyrd, $10 seats for mayhem and santana, $15 seats for ozzfest
    Seats? That's a great price. I'll bet Live Nation will be at those events upgrading people to seats or maybe even the pits. This economy is killing the promoters. People are forced to bargain shop.
    i was looking for seats to KISS or Shinedown, so i didnt buy anything
    That section 7 shit sent me an email offer for Kiss seats last week. I beleive they were only 7 bucks. Wasn't able to take advantage though.
    i got the email too, but then checked it out and my venue didnt have it
    Seems like some of their offers are just "clean-ups" to get rid of what's just left over.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    When was there 10 dollar Ozzfest tix? I got mine on the 29th and it was 28 bucks. That would suck if it was on the 30th, but oh well.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    the discounted tickets i am talking about were at my venue at last nights lynyrd skynyrd show. they were selling discount tix there.
    Ah ok...I was gonna say lol
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    "Rockstar Mayhem Festival ticket sales are up almost 30% this year and poised to have our most successful tour in its 3 year history!" - John Reese
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    I wonder how much of that statement is truth rather than public relations. I hope the festivals remain profitable so they can stay in the smaller markets.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited July 2010
    Well it was on his personal facebook page so who knows.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    ""Rockstar Mayhem Festival ticket sales are up almost 30% this year and poised to have our most successful tour in its 3 year history!" - John Reese"

That's what happens when you fill the lineup with mainstream bands. Mayhem will never have a lineup like last year again.
    I agree. I think we'll see alot more mainstream bands in the future on these festival tours.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    ''Mayhem will never have a lineup like last year again''

i know :( its cuz it didnt sell well. which is unfortunate