Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

THE BEST.

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Flamin' Hot ones <_>
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    "he just used THE Beatles and foo fighters in the same sentence.....BAN HIM....lol but seriously they are not that great....kinda meh"

I also used NSYNC and Muse before in such a fashion :P
    I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    the foo fighters arent even pioneers of their time, nevermind still being the biggest band in the world 50 years after there creation. i hope that statement was just to create asshurt because it could possible have been the dumbest thing ever muttered on this website
    Believe me, that was no trolling statement.
    then god help you.....
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "still being the biggest band in the world 50 years after there creation"

I don't think the Beatles quite fit this description either.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    the beatles album "1" was the best selling album of the 2000's......
    25 years down the road you can tell me that was the dumbest thing ever muttered.
    no im pretty sure i can safely stand by my statement now
    "the beatles album "1" was the best selling album of the 2000's......"

That does not make them the biggest thing today.

That means cumulatively, they were probably the most consistent selling.
    Could you say that someone was retarded if they predicted a terrorist attack on 9/10/01?
    edited June 2010
    That does not make them the biggest thing today.

That means cumulatively, they were probably the most consistent selling.

im confused....to me if your album was the most sold album of the decade i would say that you still got it.....who would u presume would beat them out as the best band in the world? I realize they dont make music anymore but i still think they are on a level so far superior when it comes to fans than any other musical act ever
    "u presume would beat them out as the best band in the world"

Let's get one thing out of the way. Big does not mean best. Never has, never will.

"I realize they dont make music anymore but i still think they are on a level so far superior when it comes to fans than any other musical act ever"

They still are widely regarded as one of the best bands of all time, but modern music listeners, especially those under 30, do not listen to them any more.

Let's get one thing out of the way. Big does not mean best. Never has, never will.
    Fine, but lets get one thing straight, the beatles are the best band to ever exist. always have and probably always will

They still are widely regarded as one of the best bands of all time, but modern music listeners, especially those under 30, do not listen to them any more.

Im going to have to disagree with you there, i think its quite the opposite. you would be suprised how many young beatles fans there are nowadays, especially after the beatles rock band and that across the universe movie.
    "Fine, but lets get one thing straight, the beatles are the best band to ever exist. always have and probably always will"

I disagree, but we won't deal with that.

The fanaticism that became associated with them isn't quite there. As of right now, they are not on the Billboard 200. This means that there are 200 albums the mainstream public are buying that aren't Beatles albums. I'm not arguing with you about their validity as a good band, or necessarily whether they're still popular, because they are, I'm more arguing that they are not quite the biggest thing out there.
    As of right now, they are not on the Billboard 200.

They dont have any albums out and havent made music in 40 years. You gotta hand it to them...

They might not be the biggest thing out there but my main point is that it is ludacris to think that the goofy ass foo fighters will ever come near anything that the beatles had accomplished in their career.
    Well, their career isn't over with yet, but that's probably true.
    hopefully there career is over cuz they havent been relevant since 1997....
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Wow Nola doucheing up another thread

Oh yes they have been, they're still playing massive shows, and selling ridiculous amounts of records. They better hurry up though and get an album out before they become an afterthought.