Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***OFFICIAL*** E3 2010 thread

MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
edited June 2010 in Off Topic
REAL GUITARS O_O

As reported by USA Today, the third title will introduce a 25-key MIDI keyboard controller, and two new, stringed guitar controllers; one of which is a full-sized, fully functional Fender Squier Stratocaster. The other guitar controller is a Fender Mustang Pro from peripheral maker Mad Catz.

"It can tell where your fingers are based on technology in the neck and the bridge of the guitar. No buttons," Harmonix said. "While you're playing it, it feels exactly like playing a real guitar."

Rock Band 3 will also include a new expert "Pro" mode that will allow players to learn and develop their skills by replacing the colored-coded tabs with real music notes.

Harmonix also teased a partial list of a planned 83-song set list that'll be on the game disc. The list includes:

2000s
Combat Baby -- Metric
Dead End Friends -- Them Crooked Vultures
Get Free -- The Vines
Lasso -- Phoenix
Me Enamora -- Juanes
Oh My God -- Ida Maria
Portions of Foxes -- Rilo Kiley
The Hardest Button to Button -- The White Stripes

1990s
Been Caught Stealing -- Jane's Addiction
In the Meantime -- Spacehog
Plush -- Stone Temple Pilots
Walkin' on the Sun -- Smash Mouth

1980s
Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne
Here I Go Again -- Whitesnake
I Love Rock and Roll -- Joan Jett
Just Like Heaven -- The Cure
Rainbow in the Dark -- Dio
The Power of Love -- Huey Lewis and the News
Sister Christian -- Night Ranger

1960s-1970s
Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen
Break On Through -- The Doors
Crosstown Traffic -- Jimi Hendrix

Post edited by MarcTheFallen on

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Warner Bros announced a new Mortal Kombat is in development for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Set for release in 2011, the new title will feature an all-new graphics engine, the return of brutal fatalities, and a "reinvention" of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Long-time series creator Ed Boon one again returns to lead his team at his newly re-named NetherRealm Studios in Chicago.

"We can't wait for players to get their hands on Mortal Kombat," said Boon "This game really is a response to what players have been demanding: mature presentation, reinvented 2D fighting mechanic and the best, most gruesome fatalities ever!"

The game will also include new features, such as a 4-player tag-team mode where players battle in teams of two against each other online. Fans can also enjoy the "deepest story mode of any fighting game" and an "extensive" lineup of the series' iconic characters.

"We are bringing the Mortal Kombat franchise back to gamers with the talented NetherRealm Studios team creating the game fans long to play," said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "Re-establishing the brand with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Mortal Kombat innovates on past games while staying true to the brand's legendary characters and fighting style."
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Sounds good so far.
    *Keeps eye on E3 news*
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    oh and RIP Midway Games.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    when does e 3 offically start again?
    This monday, but they are already pumping out some announcements.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    I dont like any of the Mortal Kombats after the one on Sega...

when they went with the, as i call, gay anime style...that was it for me..ill never look at MK the same again.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    E3 on G4 next week!!!!!!

EA will hold a live press conference on Monday June 14th at 2pm to show off all their new up and coming games. Medal of Honor, Dead Space 2, NBA Elite 2011, and more.
    Press Release
    In anticipation of the October 5th release of Def Jam Rapstar for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, Method Man and Redman will perform their hits live, from "How High" to "Da Rockwilder", featured in Def Jam Rapstar, for E3-goers on the Def Jam Rapstar stage located in the Konami booth @ E3.

"Rapstar is hottest thing coming right now so you know we had to be a part of it," stated Method Man. "We only associate ourselves with that heat, nothing else."

In addition to Method Man and Redman, DJ to the stars, Clinton Sparks, will be spinning the hottest songs all day on the on the Def Jam Rapstar stage Wednesday.

WHERE:
    Def Jam Rapstar stage located in the Konami Booth (2423 South Hall)

WHEN:
    June 16th, 4pm - Method Man and Redman performance
    June 16th, All Day - DJ Clinton Sparks
    MotorStorm: Apocalypse has been announced.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    the only Mortal Kombat worth talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4q9LkGOWM
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I am looking for an announcement on one particular game....and it starts with a Z.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    "I am looking for an announcement on one particular game....and it starts with a Z."

I know J. I all over that and so are every other Z nerd. I am sure it will be announced at Nintendo's press conference next week.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Just saying. I don't want them to take years to release it like they did Twilight Princess. That game was well worth the wait, though.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Well Twilight was just a ported Gamecube game to the Wii Wii. So this one is going to be the true Zelda game for the Wii Wii. Should be good.
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg officially threw a gauntlet at Sony's feet with a tweet asserting that:

"Halo 3 has officially outsold six PlayStation 3 excluside titles combined.
    Just in from research team (NPD): Halo 3 has outsold Resistance 1 + 2, Uncharted 1+2, Killzone 2 and God of War III COMBINED....wow"

It's worth noting that Halo 3's release predated all of the Sony exclusives it reportedly outsold, with the exception of Resistance: Fall of Man. Even Uncharted: Among Thieves didn't hit the streets until two months after the final chapter in Master Chief's trilogy. However, neither of those factors makes Greenberg's claim any less impressive.

Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Ray Maguire quickly responded, telling Edge:

Well I'm really happy with them because as I said, we're selling more than we ever have done before. Secondly, I'm not too fussed about the competitive bits or people's comments because at the end of the day, I've only got my focus, and that is giving consumers a great experience and great content and I don't care what anybody else does.
    If we are doing that and if we are measured by the enjoyment and the engagement that we have with our consumers and we can have a successful business then that's what it will be. Our DNA is about innovation and giving people technology that they didn't even realise they needed at the time and about pushing the envelope.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner